All reviewsbasketball courtmovie theatersuburban locationthe spring hill suitesfront deskmarriott familyoutdoor poollong term staymeeting roomsized bedfree weightsbreakfast staffexcellent stayroom was spaciousvery nice hotelgreat place to stayeasy access
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I travel to Wichita on average every 6 wks. I either stay at this hotel or the Courtyard Marriott on Webb and 29th.
Currently I am in Wichita for an entire week staying at this hotel.

The property is fine, nothing special. There is an outdoor pool, outdoor sport court (with basketball hoop) and an indoor fitness center open 24/7.

The hotel and some of the rooms are begging to show some wear. For instance my room has a stained couch, and the caulking around the tub is completely peeled away in about a 1.5 ft section. The bathtub drain is also unscrewed (fully disconnected).

Breakfast in the morning is decent and many nights they offer some form of dinner option (though I do not take part in it)

Room Tip: Request a room on the east side so that you aren't near the pool to avoid the noise of conversations and screaming kids
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank REX W
Jennifer C, General Manager at Residence Inn Wichita East at Plazzio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for the candid feedback regarding your stay. We will be sure to look into these issues you experienced. We appreciate your business and hope we have the chance to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to Wichita.

-Yours in Hospitality,
Jennifer Carver
Dual General Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2018

First and foremost, this venue is easy to find. The rooms are large and air-conditioned well. The whole atmosphere was most restful. Bedding was fine. Parking very convenient. I'd have to search to find one drawback- that would be something of a "Bad Cop/ Good Cop" routine with the desk clerks. Funny rather than obnoxious, in truth. I can recommend the Residence Inn without qualification.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Sheryl F, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Wichita East at Plazzio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for saying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location and rooms comfortable during your stay.

We hope to see you again when you next come to Wichita.

-Sheryl Freeman

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We just completed our stay at this property. We had a bit of a difficult time prior to arriving at the Residence Inn, but our experience was a 180 (positive) from the time we stepped into the lobby until we checked out.

The hotel is located in a seemingly safe suburban location. There are many restaurants to choose from, including an unhealthy but delicious ice cream joint next door. When I arrived, the front desk person was friendly and quickly got me checked into a great 1 br fireplace suite on the first floor.

When I asked for a pack n play/crib she had it delivered before I could even unload my family. We had a great night's sleep on the Marriott bed. Despite being on the first floor we did not notice any noise.

Breakfast was standard Residence Inn fare. I have found the fruit selection to be better at other locations, however. There was also a member of the breakfast staff and another employee discussing a tip jar and how nobody had provided any tips despite the employee putting a dollar in. I didn't find this to be the most professional conversation. However, the breakfast staff member was otherwise friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately, the outdoor pool and hot tub were not yet open. I can't fault the property, however, for having a seasonal pool.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was our third time at the Residence Inn. It was wonderful. We stayed in room 426 and it was perfect. Big, lots of light and spotless. I love the staff at this hotel. Everyone is so friendly it feels like family. Mespa is the best! And Jerica and Fatima. They are all great. We're from NY and picky about hotels. We like how convenient the hotel is to everything. Kids can go to Alley, movie theater, and trampoline jump. It's close to Whole Foods. And they have a shuttle to and from the Hansa clinic. I have a chemical allergy and they never use chemicals in our room. We really appreciate that! If you leave a grocery list in the morning they will even stock your groceries. It's really great you don't even need a car. Thanks again everyone.

Room Tip: Most rooms have lots of sun and are very clean and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad that you have enjoyed your many different stays with us. We hope to see you again soon when you next travel to Wichita.

-Yours Hospitably,
Sheryl Freeman

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We love to cook while traveling, and this was a great stop for us. It was convenient, priced right, and easy to get to. It worked for us in every way. We especially liked the full size refrigerator and freezer. We count on Residence Inns, and this one sure came through for us.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and glad that you found the amenities to your liking. We hope that we see you again the next time you're in town.

-Your Hospitably,