All reviews complimentary coffee nice stay front desk stay there again comfortable bed nice room off the highway first floor great place to stay old town lobby folio tub motel
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I did not like the motel, the staff was friendly, and the room was clean enough. My daughter had a operation, we need to heat up distail water, but we did not have a microwave. We also did not know if my daughter will be well enough to travel home, and we had book the room for 3 nights. Since the motel did not have a refrigerator, or a microwave, also no continental breakfast, we decided to go home one day early. The motel told me we have to give 48 hours notice in order not to pay for an extra day. We check out at 9:16 which would give them plenty of time to book someone else.

Room Tip: Sorry do not have a tip
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Excellent check in. The front desk person truly thanked me for being a Marriott Gold member. Check in was smooth and easy. My room was on the second floor. Sound proofing was good room to room, but I could hear outside traffic. The room was very clean. No hair nothing out of place. The décor/furniture did seem older but still in pretty good condition. Exercise room was nice with the needed equipment. At check out no one was at the desk but I had gotten my folio that they slipped under the door.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Kyle B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us and the kind words about your recent visit. We are very happy to hear that our staff made such a positive impression and will pass on the kind words as a reminder to continue the positive efforts. We hope you will be able to come visit again soon and witness the amazing updates that we have planned!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Could have had a nicer room with breakfast and coffee for less $ at Best Western. No fridge or microwave in rooms. No complimentary coffee in the lobby. Pool was frigid. Never have I seen a more awkwardly arranged room. I fought the urge all night to reaarange furniture. Not a good value.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Kyle B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Yolandarae, Thank you for your time and not only choosing to stay with us but additionally take your time and let us know about your experience. We do apologize for the inconveniences that you mentioned and while these are not typically concerns that we hear, we do apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. Having an onsite Bistro (for breakfast and dinner options) with dining that is made to order breakfast unfortunately does not allow us the opportunity to have a complimentary breakfast built in the rate. During your next travelers, please view the built in breakfast options that are found on our Marriott page and I am sure you will be satisfied with the dining options. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope for the opportunity to reintroduce you to our property and the Bistro in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I travel a lot and mostly stay in another brand hotel weekly so I decided to try the Courtyard for a change. I checked in online, but I arrived early and no rooms were available. However, Kyle pointed me to a really great restaurant that I went to twice while staying at the hotel. When I returned I received the key to my room and a pass for the breakfast in the morning. Therein lies the problem. My friend and I went downstairs to the first floor for breakfast. When we got down there, we saw the waitress/server, the check-in clerk and a guest. They were all engrossed in a conversation so we sat in front of the TV to wait for her to come over and ask if we wanted breakfast. Well after 10 minutes I figure the other guest was just more exciting and the server didn't want to stop to ask us if we needed anything. The check-in clerk walked past us without saying anything so that just sealed it. We left and went up the street to a lovely diner for breakfast. On the way out to get breakfast somewhere else the clerk said "Have a good day!" Really?!?! If it weren't for Kyle, I probably would have no desire to try the Courtyard again. This was very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time and letting us know about your experience srogersj. We have discussed your review as a team and understand the shortcomings and opportunities to improve that occurred during your visit. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity when visiting the area. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The room was really clean. The pool was heated nicely. The lounge had a great server and the complimentary breakfast was really well done. Parking was fairly easy and the location is in a great spot with easy highway access.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business