See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Right up front, this is not a great hotel. I was traveling across the US, specifically from Kentucky to Colorado. I needed a place quickly and this was what I chose. Let's start with the bad news. Here are the things that were bad:
- The room smelled heavily of smoke. I know, it's not easy to get that smell out of fabrics.
- The coffee maker was in the bathroom. I normally don't use these anyway but would never use one kept in the bathroom.
- The room was just not clean. Odd hairs here and there, smudges that were not cleaned, all air vents very dusty, etc.
Okay, I am going to be balanced here so here were the good things:
- Helpful desk clerk offered to march the price I found online. In other words, she matched the third party website price which was nice.
- The water was hot.
- The room was cheap as in VERY inexpensive.

As you can see, not much here that is good, however, this room did everything I needed it to. All I needed it for was to sleep. Applying a little expectation management, I'd stay there again under the same circumstances. If I drove for a living, it'd definitely be a good rest stop. Would I spend a few days staying there? No, but you guessed that already. Again, give what I needed the room for, it worked out okay.

Room Tip: Choose a room near where you are parked
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank John R
Jodi C, General Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Sorry for the condition of the room. We wish you would have come to the Front Desk and we would have moved you. I will look into this with the housekeeping department. Please give us another try.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Even for the price, if I had to do it over again, I would run away. The photos online are not current. This place is run down and close to being condemned, which is a shame because I'm sure at one time it was a very nice hotel. The pool is permanently closed, the entire place smells of mold or is musty, the phone doesn't work, the room they put you in is 1/4 of a mile from the front desk, and the clerk appears that she doesn't want to be bothered. Other than that...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank 665genes
Jodi C, General Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Please give me more information so that I can address this situation. We are an old hotel but we do keep it well maintained. Not sure what the smell was, but I will look into. If you could give me the date that you stayed as well as the room number, I would appreciate it. I am sorry that you were unhappy with us and we will improve on this.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This hotel was once a grand Holidome (Holiday Inn), complete with numerous restaurants accessible from the huge courtyard. It now is owned and operated by some corporation that obviously has no funds available for maintenance and upkeep. The restaurants and bar were closed, the pool and water slide were permanently closed, and the place seemed nearly abandoned.

The room was dank smelling and shabby. Two full-sized beds, one of which had large stains on the coverlet. The room had a phone marked, "Ramada Inn," that obviously had been purchased second hand. The furniture was nicked and marred, mold stains on the closet walls, and the bathroom... The bathroom! There were about three different types of ceiling tile on the ceiling, with one tile above the shower dangling down, looking like it was ready to fall in, and the tile around the ceiling fixture was about ready to cave in, as well. The flip security catch on the entry door was broken and non-functioning (I piled up the trash can and ice bucket infront of THAT door. There was an adjoining-room door that had a flimsy little draw-bolt lock on it - that door got the ironing board (which wss dirty, anyway) leaned up against it. The overall cleaning of the bathroom was shoddy - dirty sink area, dirty mirrors, corroding sink fixture.

The only reason I did not give this a Zero rating, was that a "one" was the lowest choice.

I went downstairs to the breakfast area, and found the free breakfast consisted of cold cereal and disappointing-looking little pastries. Interestingly, I went across the street to a little Mexican restaurant, where I had the best Huevos Rancheros I've ever had. There, they told me that the hotel was well-kown for drug trade and drug busts, and that at least one murder had been committed there. AWFUL!

Room Tip: I'd recommend sleeping under a bridge in a trash bag to staying here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Kenneth B
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We booked on BringFido.com on our way home from AZ during a weather advisory. Upon arrival, we were shown a room in the abandoned hotel that was warm and smelled like mold. The security guard showed us a larger room nearby but the smells still lingered. We loaded our belongings in but went out to see if there was another option. We found a simple motel, for less, that was much cleaner, was less in a sketchy area and went back to cancel our reservation and retrieve our things. They refunded our pet deposit but we needed to go through Bring Fido for the room refund. The hotel had a 24 hr. no refund policy, even though we made the reservation the morning of the same day. Bring Fido was great in getting them to give us a full refund. OMG, we dodged a bullet with this place. Especially after my husband was just getting over bronchitis.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julie H
Jodi C, General Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Sorry that the rooms you were shown were not to your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will look into your reservation to see exactly which rooms you were shown and take care of the matter.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

First of all, I'll speak to the good. The staff at the front were courteous and professional. The hotel itself was in bad shape. The mattresses in the room were downright awful. There was lipstick on a towel. And, the heating/cooling flat out didn't work right. In addition, the cable/satellite system and the remote didn't work correctly. On top of that, there was either prostitution or drug dealing going on in this hideous locale. Major yuckiness!!!
If you're traveling to or through Salina, make a different choice than this place.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family