All reviews place to stay six months no elevator room was clean truck stop great price other hotels within walking distance front desk person next morning after a long day parking lot firmness lobby cons wifi carpeting
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last night while driving through Salina. We rented a two bed room. It wasn't a five star hotel and we knew that, but honestly we wanted a clean place more than anything. Honestly I had my doubt's because I always read the trip advisor reviews before choosing a place, but my husband who is on the road for work often, said he knew it was a good place to stay. The hotel is a little dated, the carpet had a few cosmetic things such as worn rug that need updated, but I was very surprised at how clean it was. The rug looked like it had been shampooed recently. It smelled cleaned, looked clean. The room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The next morning I forgot my cell phone on the bed, the staff had already cleaned the room. I checked in the front desk and they had turned it in and had already tried to call us to let us know. I couldn't tell you about the breakfast, because we got up too late. But, if you are looking for a clean and reasonably priced room as well as friendly and honest staff this is it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
rajk3089, Manager at Rodeway inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear susyA,

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I needed a pet friendly hotel room halfway between CO & IL - this was the second time I've stayed there.

It will be my regular stop whenever I make this trip, staff were very nice, the price was reasonable, the rooms were clean and quiet.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
rajk3089, Manager at Rodeway inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

The first time we visited Salina Kansas we tried to check into our usual Hotel chain. Unfortunately they said they were booked to the hiltz. I had felt underappreciated at that particular franchise Hotel. Due to the front desk person eyeballing me up and down then making her decision about whether she was actually booked.
Interesting enough the other Hotel desk clerk popped out of nowhere and suggested the right kind of little place I would like. She called over to the Rodeway Inn and asked if they had vacancy for me and my husband. She also said that when she had stayed in a hotel here in Salina Kansas she stayed at this hotel because of its great service and that it was family-operated. Since then every time we come to Salina Kansas to enjoy our family and a little vacation time every six months or so we come right here to Rodeway Inn.

There's absolutely nothing fancy about it but I think it's the simplicity, the family touches, the cleanliness and the genuine service that you receive from this particular family that makes it better than any fancy corporate chain. They have plenty of cameras. They allow pets. They're priced very reasonably if you're only going to be in town for a day that's really nice. They have tons of coupon books for pizza and a cute little kitchen for breakfast every morning. Their beds are always really comfortable after a long day of travel. They keep this hotel really really clean.

Cons there's alot of trucks rolling around outside in and out of a trucking yard, so keep your dog and kids close away from road, grass sidewalk, and traffic.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
rajk3089, Manager at Rodeway inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped in while traveling thru. Was eating breakfast and desk guy asked if I had a luggage cart- yes leaving in 10 minutes. He asked that I get it. I stopped eating and fetched it. I left
10 minutes later. The cart was still sitting unused as I walked by with my luggage- to be dragged across the wet parking lot.

Trip type: Travelled on business
rajk3089, Front Office Manager at Rodeway inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is definitely showing its age but it is clean and very friendly. Was welcomed warmly. Room was extremely clean(a priority for me). Good variety of choices for breakfast. Great value...especially if passing through.

Date of stay: August 2018