“In need of some hospitality training!”

Paola Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paola
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

My family and I came in to town for a wedding, and had booked 6 nights at the Paola Inn. We cut our stay short and opted to leave early because the service was so awful.

Upon arriving, we noticed that the TV didn't work, we couldn't connect to the wifi and the bathroom sink was clogged, to name a few issues. We went down to the front desk to see what could be done, and were met with confrontational attitudes. The attendants made us feel as though we were putting them out for even asking them to check on these things. We were told to do a scan of the channels. When that didn't work, and we called down again, they said they would send someone up to look at it, which they never did. The third trip down to complain, a very annoyed manager accompanied us back up to switch out cables, but the TV still didn't work.

Then I noticed that although I had left the "please wash the sheets" placard on the bed, as they indicated was necessary, they never washed the sheets. The mark some apple pieces my daughter dropped on the pillow was still there when I turned down the bed.

Overall, the place was really grimy feeling, the service was sub par and it really tainted our experience in Kansas.

Very disappointing.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CoriSkall
There are newer reviews for Paola Inn and Suites

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Last minute trip , Needed a good place . Come to find out it was better than expected. Great people great rooms.Breakfast was hot and delishious. Were greeted very well. Lobby clean and given directions that we needed . Will stay again

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Paola Inn was clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay there again. HOWEVER I will NEVER book through TripAdvisor again. We paid $50 more than if we had booked directly to the hotel. BUYER BEWARE!!! TIP--Call the hotel directly!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book directly NOT through TripAdvisor!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesa F
Reviewed 17 April 2016

As someone else mentioned, a good basic hotel. Nothing fancy, but it was clean and the staff was friendly and attentive. My wife loved the beds and she's picky about her mattresses. Being pet friendly is a definite plus for us. I would definitely stay here again if I was ever back in the area.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank VitaminMoose
Reviewed 16 April 2016

We are visiting my husband while is down here for work. The town isn't much but the Paoloa Inn and Suites is a very nice hotel. I didn't expect it at all. I thought it would some run down Super 8. But the inside is very clean and updated. it made me so much more relaxed while staying here, I had to bring my 2yr old with me, we traveled here on multiple occasions and each time we stayed at Paola Inn and Suites. The front desk is very nice and helpful. I even forgot a pack n play one time and they had one I could use. They even offered a crib! We had stay in KC for two night cause they were booked up and we paid a lot more $ for a 20 mile distance. Hawthorne Inn and Suites was horrible! The room was run down and I was afraid of bed bugs or something like that. I was so happy to get to stay after two nights in that crap shack. Paola Inn and Suites are just so nice. I would recommend staying here and driving the 20mins to the city, than staying in over,and park for more money. OH and it has free wifi that actually has a fast speed!

Room Tip: Clean and affordable.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paola
31.9 km away
31.1 km away
Candlewood Suites
Candlewood Suites
#10 of 14 in Olathe

Been to Paola Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!