“Descent place to stay that could be better.”

Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
KY
“Descent place to stay that could be better.”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Pros:

- All suite (full kitchen, fridge, etc.).
- Good location (near corporate complex).
- Very good price (Hotwire 3-star).
- Very spacious.
- Balcony.
- Flat screen TV.
- Free parking.
- Continental breakfast.

Cons:

- Contemporary furniture but older buildings.
- One of our rooms was smelly (spoiled food?).
- Not the usual toiletries (only offered lotion).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Read about this place on Trip Advisor. Made the reservation on line and could not have asked for a better deal. It was so reasonable that I was a little concerned that it was not be in a good area or would be a dump. It was is a good location, is older but not that dated and a number of other hotels in the area provided eating and entertainment options. Pool and hot tub seemed very small (closed for the winter) but a nice courtyard if weather had permitted for sitting outside.Staff was very friendly and the complimentary breakfast bar they offered had many more options than I have experienced at Hilton chains. Will stay again when I visit family.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank HappyFeet06
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I booked this hotel through Hotwire, thinking I was getting a great deal on a 3 star hotel. I was disappointed and it was not a 3 star at all in my opinion. The pros: It was in a great central location near shopping, restaurants, and highways. The staff was extremely nice. The bed was very comfortable and the full kitchen was a plus. The cons: It is an old apartment complex converted to hotel rooms. All the entrances are outside which is not something I expected from a 3 star hotel (per Hotwire). The walk from the parking lot to the room was very dark, walking past several buildings to get to ours. The room itself was ok, a little outdated, and a small flatscreen tv that was kind of far away from the bed. All the rooms had patios with sliding glass doors. They had verticle blinds covering them and they did not shut all the way so if you got at the right angle you could see into the room from outside. No curtains. We had to hang up a blanket over the blinds so we people could not see in and that only helped a little. Since there were no curtains, as soon as the sun rose, it was blindingly bright in the room. The heater was VERY loud and woke me up several times throughout the night. Overall, not what I would expect from a supposed 3 star hotel and I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011
Reviewed 2 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our two sons (a 6 and 9 year old). We were 25 minutes away from everything! Its located in a beautiful community and in all of my family travels I have never found a hotel this accomadating! The entire family enjoyed it! The room was very clean, all appliances worked well (even the ice maker and dishwasher!) The beds were so comfortable! I usually don't sleep we'll the first night at a hotel but with this bed I was fast asleep! We stayed in the king loft suite and my boys loved having their own upstairs area! And my husband and I enjoyed the privacy of our own downstairs bedroom! The only negative to our room was if we had too many lights on and ran the microwave, we would blow a fuse, irritating, but we learned to live with it during our one week stay! I will stay at the Chase Suites again. I initially chose this hotel for price (91.20/night with the special they were running) and size, but now I will choose it out of priority! I have never written a hotel review, never found a hotel that stood out enough for me to take my time writing one! I gladly write an amazing review for this hotel!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank mamabree
Arkansas
Reviewed 30 December 2010

It's an apartment complex converted to hotel lodging...prices are good especially for the studio layouts. We've stayed both in the studio room and a two bedroom and enjoyed them both. They both have a full kitchen but are lacking in supplies - only 2-3 sets of silverware, no dish soap and limited pots/pans. I would suggest bringing some extra cooking utensils if you plan on an extended stay with in room dining. Suburb location is convenient, only a block south of the 435 interstate. Hotel staff is friendly. During weekdays, their full breakfast is very good. They offer a continental on the weekends. We did not have any problems with noise at all during either stay.

They give free access to a fitness club a few hundred yards down the street as well as free wireless internet access (I did not have a need for it so I can't comment on the connection strength). Parking is free.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple