All reviews across the street yogurt breakfast room choice hotels truck stop exercise room staff was friendly comfortable beds nice breakfast area would stay here again hot breakfast maintained hotel typical breakfast nice surprise excellent hotel travel center hour restaurant
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I am a Choice hotel member and I've stayed in over 50 of their hotels this year. This is by far the worst. Starting with the location which is boring and isolated. There are 2 fast foods and a third rate cafe nearby - nothing else. It is close to a truck parking area so noise is very bad. Our room was dirty around the fridge and the lamp with 2 dirty washcloths in the shower. The refrigerator was frozen solid and in danger of flooding the room so they forced us to move to another room which was equally dirty and with a faulty light switch at the bedside. I make the assumption that finding two rooms dirty indicates the whole hotel is dirty. The TV went down at 3am with no channels so we were unable to watch the news before leaving the hotel. I plan to request a refund from Choice hotels and I will certainly never stay there again.

Room Tip: Room at the back away from the truck parking.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

First stay for us in a Sleep Inn. This property is only 8 years old and was very nice. Check in clerk was very helpful in suggesting dinner options in town. Room was clean and spacious. Top notch. It's close to the I-70 exit and even though our room was on the back side of the hotel closer to I-70, it is far enough away that we never heard any traffic. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped for an over night stay during our road trip to Manitou Springs, CO. We arrived at 1:30 a.m. and was greeted by the friendly face of Kim. She was soft spoken & very friendly (much appreciated at that time of night).
Our room was very clean & comfortable. There was free WiFi & your typical breakfast offerings.
The only negative thing I have to say has nothing to do with the hotel......the town itself smells like a stockyard. It was incredibly strong! But kudos to the hotel because inside the hotel & our room did NOT smell at all.
If you're taking a road trip across KS and need to stop for some shuteye I'd recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on a cross country trip. We were on our way to take our daughter to school so we have had a series of these stays.

The pros:
-The location is right off the highway.
-The room was very clean, a very important factor for us.
-We arrived late and the staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone we dealt with was.
All the common areas in the hotel were clean and updated.
-Breakfast was good and plentiful. Slightly above average for a hotel of this grade. The eggs were tasty and the waffle irons worked well without problems.

The cons:
-The smell outside the hotel was awful-some sort of agricultural complex?
-The sound of the road noise outside was really loud in our room. Like really loud. I was surprised it seemed there was no soundproofing.
-Our room was quite hot when we arrived and the a/c unit kept shutting off prematurely. We couldn't move the kids in the middle of the night so we dealt with it.
-The beds were only so-so comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Arrived after dark in Oakley and found the hotel right on I-70. Checked in and the desk clerk advised a good restaurant right across the street at truck stop. Food and service was good at the restaurant. Hotel was nice and their morning hot breakfast was standard fare at Choice Hotels. Good hot starter for the road. Recommend staying at this Sleep Inn.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room at one end away from interstate traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family