“Poor”

Penny's Diner
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Marysville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Just poor service and bad food. What I ordered was not cooked fully and they never brought my side I ordered. I was not impressed at all.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

My wife and I ate here in mid July and were disappointed. Our two orders were not delivered at the same time and the food was very lacking in my opinion. I ordered a toasted cheeze on rye. The bread was good, but the amount of cheese was lacking. My wife ordered french toast and bacon. The french toast was the worst french toast we have encountered in our opinion. And, the bacon was not cooked swimming in a pile of greece. Of the three pieces of bacon she ate half of one piece and looked at the almost uncooked rest. The service was OK, but little effort was made to be friendly. If this is what happens to all those passing through (not local) then I'd recommend going elsewhere. It just seemed that the cook and waitress just didn't care since we were passing through. This was the secong time we stopped here and will not again.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I had the chicken-fried steak. With fixings, it was still under $10. I thought it tasted quite good. Since there were only one other diner and me, the service was personal and quick.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

So, we were the only group in the restaurant when we placed our order for five people, four adults and a child. 45 minutes later one of our meals came, then over the course of 25 minutes the other four meals trickled in with the child's meal being the LAST! When condiments were requested we didn't get them. Drinks were never refilled while we sat there nearly two hours.

Just to make a point, when you are starting a ticket that may take a little longer, it's common sense to feed the child first, NOT LAST!
In the meantime I noticed other people came in and were getting their food before us. Now I am totally livid. If you are not capable of cooking one ticket at a time in order to feed the table all together then maybe the kitchen is not a place for you.

I don't know if it's the low intelligence or the lack of comprehension of the two workers but between them they didn't even share half a brain.

You can place a winning bet on me never going back!

I am a server at another establishment in Marysville and let me tell you, our kitchen staff is on task to serve multiple tables of six AT THE SAME TIME! Our servers constantly check for refills and if anything is needed. We have the friendliest, hardest working staff who take pride in what we do!

We are a team that the staff and owners of Penny's Diner need to aspire to be. Come visit our establishment and learn how to properly serve the customers.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Stopped in on 12/24/17; eaten here before, nothing great but no complaints really. On this visit, my wife and I walked in the door around 5 pm; noticed about 8 or 9 customers at tables and at the counter. The lady cooking the food observed us walking in and I saw/heard her say "f*cking great"....which lead me to believe she must have been the only one working. Upon hearing that we turned around and left, will not ever return. They obviously are doing well enough they don't need our money. Did call the hotel front desk to ask to speak to a manager; no manager available. Told lady the scenario. Will not ever go back.