“Awful”
Review of Seasons of the Fox

Seasons of the Fox
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lindsborg
Seasons of the Fox
Ranked #3 of 3 Lindsborg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2016

The owners made us feel like we were bothering them by even staying there. Sue and Mike were so rude, hateful and insulting. Breakfast was a nightmare- Mike gave us a lecture about the food while we were eating and called us disgusting for using the same fork for the courses. We were them yelled at for, "Ruining the breakfast." The rooms were not clean. The coffee was terrible. I would never stay there again. The entire time we were there was a nightmare!

Stayed: October 2015
3  Thank 393cdd

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We had long ago reserved the full house for our college buddy reunion. We weren't kids... we are in our sixties and seventies.
I was blown over by their complete lack of hospitality. They treated us like they really didn't want us to be there, but they were barely tolerating us.
Sadly, the building was beautiful and nicely restored, the food was awesome... but because of their insulting remarks, condescension, lack of coffee until 8:00. We all wake up around 6:00, and no coffee until PRECISELY 8:00, I have to downgrade their ratings. Most of us either had to go out early to fetch our own coffee, or made instant coffee in our own rooms.
If they don't enjoy their Bed and Breakfast, maybe they should get out of it.
It was nice though [and not nice] to see that we were not the only ones who were treated this poorly.
It gave me the creeps.

Room Tip: bring your own laptop. Theirs is ancient. Plus I had NO phone service in this vortex.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Rather than being asked when I wasted to eat, was told my breakfast would be at 8:30a (even though I wake up at 5a). I asked if there was a way to get coffee earlier and was rebuffed.
Just trying to get to my room (after an exhausting day of travel) was a nightmare. As a single woman traveling alone I did not want to ride in a tiny elevator with a man I didn't know, but after asking twice if I could please take the stairs, he insisted. We stopped off in a tiny library where he said I would have to eat breakfast since they were serving people from the local college in the dining room the next morning. Then while I was still holding my suitcase, he spent a few minutes tidying the room up. When he finally showed me my room, he followed me in and after so much information i clearly wasn't interested in (about the building next door and how every lamp worked and information about the bed…), it felt like he was never going to leave. Rather than hurrying it along for a traveler who obviously wanted nothing more than to go to bed, he threw the papers said "well good for you. you're a TERRIBLE listener!" and slammed the door. I grabbed my suitcase and checked into a Hampton Inn in Salina.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
7  Thank Nadia B
Reviewed 20 November 2014

This place was pristine. A lot of beautiful wood. The owners were very accommodating and a lot of effort and resources went into this home. The Swedish themed breakfast was an excellent 4-course meal (didn't need to eat lunch :). Very good place if you are handicapped. There was even a elevator that went from the ground floor to the 3rd story. Would definitively recommend.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was dismayed to read some of the reviews as I contemplated a place to stay and am so glad that I didn't heed the advice of some of them. We found the Inn very pleasant, with a lovely garden place and gazebo to rest in after shopping in this delightful town. Sue and Michael were more than helpful to us and Sue is a wonderful cook, have very pleasing presentations with her breakfast's. There were also mid-afternoon "appiteasers" and late evening snacks. I found the Inn very comfortable. No complaint from this traveler.

Room Tip: Read the description on their web-page. The descriptions are accurate and you can make your choice...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family