See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2017

i stayed here because i was in the middle of a long drive west. i wanted a place to sleep, and it was dirt cheap.

the hotel itself is kind of a dump. the room i had had no lounge chair to sit in. there was a bed, a desk, a desk chair, and that's all.

the room was 100 degrees when i got there. i think by the time i fell asleep it might have been in the 80's. but at least it had a refrigerator, and the wi fi worked well.

the bed was clean. i didn't see any bugs of any kind. it was quiet. so it basically served its purpose, even though it was kind of a dump. i never felt unsafe or anything. it was just kind of dumpy.

considering what i paid for it, it could have been worse.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Upon check-in, it took a really long time to get checked in, and I was the only person there. We got to our room and the air conditioner was not on and it was over 100 degrees. After 4 hours, the a/c still has not cooled the room, much the same temperature as it was. The remote on the tv will only change the channels, you have go do everything else manually. The bedspread does not fit the bed. The towels (and there weren't enough) are stained. I'm not sure if the bathroom was cleaned. The desk person just says I am an employee and it is not my problem. He gives the name of the owner and a phone number, which does not work. I don't see how anyone would consider this place as any kind of value. RUN, DO NOT WALK, AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Forget this place and go elsewhere. Avoid at any cost.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chripatina
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Great motel chain. These aren't luxury motels but are great for people who want a comfortable, clean, affordable night sleep. Our room was large with plush carpet. The bed was comfortable with fluffy pillows. We had a handicap bathroom so it was large. There was an ironing board and iron. Breakfast included biscuits and gravy, cereal, muffins, bananas.Great deal.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This place was so bad that we did not stay there our second night even though it was paid for and they would give us no money back. Our first "nonsmoking" room and those adjacent smelled like a smokers room since smoking rooms are right below. They took us to the other available rooms and they either smelled like smoke or super strong cleaning products (covering who knows what smell) We said these rooms are livable and wanted to leave but it was really late. They would not give us a refund for our second night but there was no way we'd stay there again. And I am usually fine with cheap lodging....since I'm almost never in a room when I travel....but these rooms were gross. UGH! Don't even think of it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank mountaintrvlr2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I've stayed in ABVIs in other cities and had good experiences, so when traveling through Lawrence recently, I bypassed the more pricey Hilton brands and went to ABVI. While the prices here are about half that of the big name chains, the clerk also offered a few dollars off for senior discount (thank you!). Since I was only going to be there for several hours of sleep, my biggest concern was simply the bed. It did not disappoint! It was every bit as comfortable as the beds I'd stayed in for the last two nights at the bigger chains on my cross country trip. I didn't need a fancy lobby, a heated pool, sauna and workout room. I just needed a comfy bed. Why pay for those additional amenities that I was not going to use? The room was clean, and equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, television with cable channels, coffee maker and hairdryer. There was even an iron and board. I will say that the room was not as soundproof as those in newer hotels, and the shower offered fantastic water pressure, albeit noisy pipes. Nevertheless, I am a big fan of ABVI because they are reliably consistent in quality in my opinion. A bonus was the continental breakfast. It was even better than expected with fresh made waffles, biscuits and gravy, pastries, cold and hot cereals, fresh fruits and coffee and juice.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are of the same mindset as I am. They are conveniently located close to I-70, yet are removed from traffic noise entirely.

Room Tip: The hotel is built on a hillside. 200 level rooms are on level with the lobby while 100 level are downstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
ABVI L, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Hello Beth. Thank you for posting the review. Your review will help our future guests .We are happy that you have enjoyed the stay. We hope to see you soon. We sincerely appreciate you for posting the review.