All reviews flat screen tv donuts comfortable beds hard boiled eggs nice tile nice continental breakfast selected this hotel based yogurt free wifi fridge and microwave newer furniture ironing board and iron happily stay here again priced right low price quiet room motel style
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Good location
Personal care
Very helpful owner, went out of the way to ke keep us comfortable.
Located at prime location, close to the university and opposite to the Dillons supermarket.
Clean and neat.
Best bargain

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2018

I have stayed here before and had no issues but this time was different. I stayed there last night after spending six hours driving and moving my son out of a 3rd story apartment. I only needed a hot shower and a safe place to sleep for the night. I was put into a room in the "addition" which isn't the main motel itself but the adjacent building which it seems like they've purchased and taken over. The lady at check in was very friendly and helpful. I put my things in the room then left to pack a Uhaul. When I came back exhausted at midnight to shower and sleep, my key card would no longer work. I had to trek to the lobby and wait for an employee to show up to re-do the key. The shower was horrible....water was spraying everywhere in the room from where the shower head attached to the pipe coming out of the wall. I mean EVERYWHERE! After a super short 2 min shower, the floor was flooded and water was seeping out of the bathroom, the walls and ceiling were dripping, my clean clothes and the towels were soaked and the wall light switch was dripping wet! Off to the lobby again to tell them and ask for another room. They said they had no more rooms available and would call maintenance in to look at it...at midnight. I left to get food and gave them a chance to work. When I returned, the shower was repaired. As I got ready for bed, I noticed there was no chain to lock the door, it was missing. The light bulbs were burnt out by the bed, the shower wouldn't drain very well, the sink faucet was completely loose and could slide around on the sink, etc. Exhausted, I went to sleep, worried about being a female alone right next to a parking lot with a door that had no chain or extra lock. I woke up at about 6:30 because something seemed wrong. I noticed a bright light coming from the bathroom and I thought that someone had turned the light on in there! I checked and it was the morning sun streaming through the window that faces east and lit up the room so much I thought someone had been in there to turn on the light. Scary! If I'd known about that, I would have shut the bathroom door before going to bed. I shut it and tried to get more sleep but the curtains on the opposite wall don't close completely and light was coming in. I gave up at 7:00 a.m. and decided to leave and check out. Perhaps the main motel rooms are still ok but it seems like they purchased this extra property, slapped on some paint and figured that was good enough. It's NOT. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. The room was not safe to be occupied and it should never have been sold for the night. Never staying there again. If you DO have to stay there, request a room in the main motel. If you have no choice but to use the adjoining property, be sure to shut the bathroom door before you sleep unless you want to be awakened at sunrise.

Room Tip: Main motel only, not the adjacent property!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stopped here just for one night on our road trip west to Denver. This is a nice little hotel and it as it advertises itself. It's no frills and is not fancy but it is clean, conveniently located and the front desk staff was very nice. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean--two things that are always important. They do have a free breakfast in the mornings but we did not partake as we wanted to get back on the road as soon as we could. There is also a steakhouse that shares a parking lot with this hotel if you are looking for dinner, however we did not go in here to eat so can't comment on quality of food or service, but it's an option if you don't want to get back in the car and go somewhere else. We would stop here again next time we head west it's on our route. Lawrence, KS itself is a nice small-ish college town as well.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This is not a bad place to stay - for the price. The room was large, roomy and mostly comfortable. We even had a full sized refrigerator. Even with all of the lamps that we could get to work the room was still dark.

The air conditioner controls were above the sink and so high that I couldn't really see them - and I am taller than a high percent of the population. I did get it turned on and it cooled the room satisfactorily.

The entire location is smoke free, but our room had obviously been smoked in at some time in the past as it had a fairly strong but stale smoke smell.

The Internet refused to work. When I called the office, he offered to come to the room and help me get connected. Since we were already in bed, I declined that offer. He then gave me a number to call apparently at the ISP. They also had trouble getting me connected. After 15 minutes, they asked for some numbers from my computer and apparently connected me directly. This all seemed weird as I have connected in a number of locations coast to coast with this computer and not had any trouble.

The "breakfast" isn't really worth the walk to the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Henry A
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I have stayed here numerous times over the past several years and have had no complaints. While it's nothing to look at from the outside, the rooms are surprisingly nice, spacious and clean. My last stay was in a room different from the other stays. Nicer furniture, the sink was located in the bathroom and the rain shower head was amazing. I hope more rooms get an update to this. Everyone I have dealt with at the front desk has always been friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends