All reviews front desk room was clean much needed rest affordable place to stay a great stay stayed here for nights definitely stay here again ihop motel wi cleanliness tile ks rates microwave
Reviewed 12 August 2018

The Econolodge was not my first choice, but the only available motel when I was traveling to Ft. Leavenworth. I had some trepidations when making reservations, but my worries were unfounded. Plus, pricing was excellent, and my party of 4 was able to stay in two rooms rather than one, which is an upgrade when it comes to sleep and bathroom time.

This is an older facility without the bells and whistles newer hotels have, so some of the finishes are dated. While the hallway is carpeted, room floors are wood-look tile, which I really like from a cleanliness perspective. The beds had fresh sheets, and the blankets were OK (unlike something in one of the reviews). The bathroom was very clean.

Front desk staff were excellent. The lady at check-in (Linda?) was very friendly, gave me some helpful hints and when i was filling our water bottles saved me the time by handing me bottled water. An unexpected and nice gesture. The gentleman on duty in the morning was also very friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed our conversation with him.

Breakfast, as expected, was simple and limited cold fare and included cereal (raisin bran and something else, instant oatmeal), breads/muffins, yoghurt (activia) and fruit (bananas), and juice. However, there is an ihop down the road where econolodge guests get a 30% discount for anyone who needs something fancier.

Overall the econolodge is good value for money.

Room tip: 2nd floor will be quieter than ground; hotel does not have elevators
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I stayed two nights and couldn't have been happier. The room was immaculate and reasonably priced.

When I stepped in the lobby, I got a friendly greeting. Check-in was quick and easy.

HVAC and Wi-Fi both worked great.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I was a bit worried by some of the reviews but figured I'd roll the dice. My experience was great. Got checked right in with no issues. Room had been updated with tile floor which was a nice plus since hotel carpet is always suspect. Some of the cabinets and bathroom were older but 100% functional. Clean sheets and clean towels plus hot water equals a good stay. And let me just add that I saw no bugs. If you're looking for a no frills place to stay this is it.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 21 April 2018

This stay was related to business active duty military; first to help other travelers out we checked in the place had a terrible smell of Indian curry scent everywhere. The photos on the website of the hotel did not replicate how the rooms looked at all. The beds are terrible, small and springy and did have bugs in the hotel room primarily in the beds as my wife looked. The room quality was horrible compared to what you would pay for a much better room do not stay at this hotel. We had to relocate the first day we were there and they would not refund our stay was terrible; we were there less than 15 hours and they charged us for 48 hours worth of lodging. I explained the issue that we had to relocate from Kansas to Missouri and they refused the refund the same day. This place is all about money and the service is beyond terrible. Disgusting hotel; poor amenities; and just terrible customer service; especially in regards to a active duty military family that had to check out immediately upon check inn. This hotel should be state inspected due to insects, and lack of cleanliness. I highly recommend staying on post, or anything besides this hotel as this was beyond horrible for my family to stay in the room for the 12 hours we were in it. The front desk was terrible when I explained the situation that we were in the wrong state and had to check out right away. The first thing she said was no refund. Please take this review seriously and do not check into this hotel, nor make reservations online with them. I plan to make further disputes to get them state inspected due to the overall sanitation of the hotel.

Room tip: reserve somewhere besides here terrible hotel. Do not use choice hotel website to reserve hotels;
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Tandulkar, General Manager at Econo Lodge Lansing - Leavenworth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay! You came in around 9:00 AM, and wanted to check in early, and the front desk clerk said that there would be an early check in fee. Also, you had two pets, which are allowed with a fee. Your room was prepaid, for the rate quoted and the terms for your reservation were available to you when you booked the room online. That was a booking that did not allow for any changes including cancelations. Your booking was discounted for that reason. Once, you were in your room, there were no complaints of anything. However, several hours later, you mentioned that you had booked in the wrong city. At that time, we refunded the pet fees for the second night and your were told about your reservation conditions. We are sorry about the whole situation, but once you agree on an online reservation, we have to abide by the terms. Again, there were no complaints from you or anybody in your room to any staff member!

We appreciate all military service members and their families. We are accustomed to accommodating military members and their families during their transition to and from Fort Leavenworth every year.

We thank you for your service!

Regards,

M Bhakta
Econolodge

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I found this to be a comfortable and affordable place to stay. Check in was easy and friendly. My room was clean, comfortable, and roomy.

I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area. Kansas is an underrated travel destination for anyone who appreciates nature, quiet, and real people.

Date of stay: March 2018