All reviews wine bar jacuzzi tub romantic getaway themed rooms jesse james mayan rainforest cinnamon rolls serengeti room presidential suite wedding night chocolate covered strawberries castaway room rose petal turndown hollywood casino legends shopping center third floor kansas speedway
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic weekend. The staff was outstanding. Overall cleanliness and accommodations were exceptional. We plan on going back. Very secluded atmosphere with a lot to do around the area. Definitely recommend for a weekend getaway.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
chateauavalonteam, Corporate Director of Operations at Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Greg H,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post this wonderful review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received an outstanding service from our team.

We can't wait for your return visit!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I booked the Castaway Isle as a fun little stay-cation for my 2 kids and me. Having stayed here about 6 years ago in a different room, I knew mostly what to expect. The kids loved the room and thought it was fun because it was so different. It has a giant boat coming out of the wall that you sleep on upstairs. What's not to love about that? But this room needed some upgrading. The bed and bedding were worn out, the carpet needed replaced, the tub was either dirty or damages, and it just needed a good scrubbing. The chairs (only place to sit other than the bed) were uncomfortable and felt really cheap. The lighting is inadequate. I don't recommend this particular room for a romantic getaway. The kids will like it, but this isn't really a kid-friendly hotel.
All that aside, it is a very nice property and the staff are friendly. I would just pick a different room next time.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
chateauavalonteam, Corporate Director of Operations at Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing this review. I was pleased to read that your kids loved the room. I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our friendly staff and very unique property. I think you will be pleased to hear that we have recently undergone a refurbishment of the hallways, some rooms, and exterior of the hotel and have a plan in place to update the various part of the rooms.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in the Serengeti room. When we walked in, we were super excited. It's a little cheesey, but fun. We got a package that included massages, a drink coupon each and a breakfast credit. So we got our massages, free drinks, bought a couple bathbombs, hopped in the tub in our bathing suits, and watched Netflix on our laptop. Great night.

This place is definitely a unique hotel with fun room themes that are a riot, but I likely won't go back. It was clean enough, if a little outdated, and the staff was friendly, but it's an experience that I imagine could lose it's charm. So all in all, I would recommend this if you're looking for a weird story to tell and fun photo ops.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We visited this hotel several years ago and loved it. The castaway room was large and the bed quite comfortable. I believe the breakfast was included in the price then. The second trip was nice too, but noticed things needing repair. That was a few years ago. The same room. We just went for our anniversary this last weekend and things have not improved. Reading past comments I did not see that there were any great renovations from last summer in the rooms we saw. There is no reason for the rooms to be in disrepair with the price you pay for them. The Seville we reserved was on the first floor and had a musty moldy smell. The front desk was helpful and moved us although they indicated that this was a typical Friday night trying to make guests happy. We looked at a second room it was across from the bar it was too noisy. We settled on the third which was above the bar patio still a little noisy but we made due. There were at least five things in need of repair. We stayed two nights , the front desk didn’t get our breakfast card to us the night before so they called us at 6:45 the next morning. The breakfast was alright but not great. The cleaning people left the trash in the trash cans and cleaning supplies in the room when they refreshed it. After our third visit We have crossed this place off our list. you pay to much for them to provide you with a poorly maintained hotel.

Room Tip: The castaway room was the best room we had, don’t stay more than once.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roamingromace
chateauavalonteam, Manager at Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear roamingromace,

Thank you for being our guests. We are sorry for the deficiencies you have experienced during your stay, however, I'm glad to know that our front desk team was helpful to find a different room to meet your expectation. If you can please email me your reservation details to shuk@chateauavalonhotel.com so my facility manager will improve the issues of the room that needs an immediate attention.

My team and I very much hope to welcome you back to the Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Best regards,

Shuk Kholtaev,
Corporate Director of Operations

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We stayed in the Colorado Frontier Room. It was very small and crowded. They have a small table and two chairs that were just in the way the entire time weather you were trying to get to the bed or trying to get to the bathroom. The bathtub was a very deep jacuzzi tub which was excellent, but I am 5'4

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
chateauavalonteam, Corporate Director of Operations at Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear KRG52718,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are sorry that room size was not your satisfaction however we are glad you enjoyed the in-room jacuzzi. We have 23 different room types, and please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 913.596.6000 as we will be glad to help you to select a room that meets all of your expectations. If you wish to discuss your experience in detail please call the main hotel number and ask for Kristy Sherley, Assistant General Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Corporate Director of Operations