“Not bad but Memphis still rules”

Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #6 of 130 Restaurants in Hutchinson
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Good Q joint. Ribs decent, pork decent, brisket average. Sauces passable. All in all, Memphis far better in the pig category and TX better in the brisket. But when in KS, eat like Toto

1  Thank CulturedBacillis

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Very tasty and convenient. Like all Bar-B-Que though, a bit pricey. However compared to other Bar-B-Que restaurants I've been to, Hog Wild is less expensive than most. I love the loaded Baked Potatoes there. Huge meal in itself.

1  Thank Keith E
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We've been eating Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Q in Hutchinson, KS for many years. We have family there and we always order take-out for one of our big family meals. I can't say I'm a BBQ expert, but I've had a lot of BBQ in many states across the US and, of course, many of the BBQ places in Kansas City and Memphis. Hog Wild is not better than some of the top BBQ places in KC and Memphis, but it ranks right up there with the best. The pulled pork is especially good--tasty, not dry and smoked just right. The sides are average. People I know have eated at the Wichita and Topeka restaurants and feel that the Huchinson location is the better of the three. Great food. We recommend it.

1  Thank velho2016
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Got take out for the family while we were visiting. Enjoyed the ribs, turkey, and pork meat. The beans were different from most bbq beans, but we all enjoyed them. Meat was tender and tasty . I enjoyed not having a strong smoky taste to the meat .

1  Thank TnTDean
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Stopped for lunch and ordered the half slab rib meal.
The ribs were perfectly smoked with a dash of tangy sweet sauce on top. As a pretty good home BBQ guy, I can say these were almost as good as mine. One end of the slab was a little crusty (they would have made perfect burnt ends). Couldn't stop picking at the ribs even though I was stuffed!

The potato salad was as good as grandmas and mac and cheese was tasty. Portions were large. The plate also came with two slices of toasted bread.

The staff was the most polite group I have come across in a very long time. Not much on atmosphere, but good enough. Saw some flies, but they stayed away from me. Good value and good find.

1  Thank Jim B