Herington Inn And Suites
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Herington
See available hotels
Motel 6 Junction City(Junction City)
Diamond Motel(Abilene)
View Hotel
Super 8 Junction City(Junction City)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Hotel was gross, there help was rude, roaches in our room and in the dining area. The manager, Brenda, didn't care about our complaints and was extremely rude to us. She claimed to own the place but I doubt that. Never again!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bob E
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

This place was a little different when checking in after hours. The front desk gives you a code for a safe that has your key in it. Checking in was easy different but easy. The room was clean the place was quite, breakfast: waffles, biscuits and gravy and everything else.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2015

What a great experience! Exceptionally clean rooms, friendliest staff, wonderful towels, sheets, pillows, mattress and water pressure. We were treated like royalty. We won't hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone we know!

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 18 October 2014

Unfortunately, if you have to stay in Herington, KS this will be your only choice. If you can drive an additional 26 miles and stay in Junction City, KS.

First, this hotel is one of the worst managed properties I have ever stayed at, and I travel for a living and find myself all over the country at many different properties. To begin, the front desk is not manned 24hrs. You are actually locked out and have to call some tired and grumpy person to come let you in. Of course if you planned to stay in Herington then you will have access to a safe that will contain your key, but if you are looking for a place to stop after driving a while then best get there before 8pm.

Second, nothing about this hotel welcomes you. There are computer print out signs posted all over the place telling you don't do this and don't do that. Not something I really would expect and definitely not very warm or welcoming. It speaks to the type of clientele that stays at this place I suspect.

Third, hotel management does not understand what the "do not disturb" sign means that you hang on your door. The last time I stayed I had a contractor come bang on my door early in the morning asking if they would mind if they came in to clean the filter on the air conditioning unit.

Fourth, there is nothing modern about this hotel, from the keys, to check out, its all old school. The actually give you a hand written receipt, which for me is not acceptable for expense purposes with my company. The keys are exactly that, keys. If you lose it you get charged for it.

Fifth, management seems to think that they have the right to ask you all kinds of personal information like, "are you planning to get drunk?" that are really inappropriate and I guess it makes sense because the closest establishment to the hotel is a bar.

Again, I do not recommend this hotel unless you have to be in town, drive the extra 20 minutes and stay in Junction at the Marriott, Hampton Inn, or any number of other well established properties that understand hospitality and customer service.

Room Tip: Rooms are not clean and I would avoid the Jacuzzi suites. Stay as far from the front desk as you can on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rob43212
auntieb60s, Manager at Herington Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

This review is full of false accusations. Our keys are computerized, but they are not the credit card type that most people are used to. Ad far as lock outs, yes our desk is closed at 10 pm, but assistance is available. We do not close at 8pm! I also want to know where he saw all of these computer signs. The only signs we have are professionally made, and state our policies. The matter with the contractor did not happen as our housekeepers clean the filters on our air units. And no - we do not charge you for a lost key as the contributor claimed. Our folios and hand written, but I don't see the difference between a hand written receipt or a computer print out. I take extreme offense to this gentleman for accusing my staff of asking personal questions! My staff is well trained, and do not overstep boundaries that are set for them. They would not do what he is accusing, as they know that they would no longer work for me if they did so. The cleanliness of our rooms speak for themselves as our last inspection was , as the inspector put it, the highest she had given for quite some time. If it passes that highly at the State level, then we must be doing something right. I ask that this review be removed from the sight, as it is nothing but false statements.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We recently traveled to Herington, Kansas to visit family. Because we had two grandchildren with us we decided to stay at The Herington Inn and Suites. What a wonderful place! The room and hallway was spotless, the breakfast room was beautiful, especially the detailed mantle around the fireplace. The staff was very friendly and helpful even at 10:30 at night when our key decided not to work! Thank you Larissa!! Even tho the inn was full, it was very quiet and we were well rested and ready to go in the morning after enjoying their breakfast. Perfect in every way!!

Room Tip: Book ahead for weekend stays.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family