All reviewsstaff workingcinnamon rollsroom was cleanmemorial day weekendup to datepool and hot tubwould stay here againlong drivesausagevery nice hotelthe breakfast areafridge and microwavehiewalmartinterstateroadcountry
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Hotel had easy access from Interstate and was next to several fast food restaurants and gas stations. The lobby of hotel was nice and clean and looked pretty new. The room was modern and beds were comfortable. The included breakfast was your standard type of hotel breakfast, pretty good.
We were impressed with the service we received after we left! My wife left her kindle in the room and didn't remember until we got home. She called the hotel and spoke with Penny. They did have her kindle and she sent it to us via USPS. Received it a couple days later, nicely packaged! Thank you Penny for going above and beyond for us!
I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Penny V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Colby, KS! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and am happy that we were able to return your wife's Kindle! We hope you will come back and stay with us again if you are in the Colby area! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as other travelers!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The desk clerk was very pleasant. My first room was not cleaned. My second room seemed satisfactory UNTIL I took my clothes off and crawled in bed.
The sheets were very old. You could almost see through them. Once I got between the sheets I started sneezing. As I write this report I have a headache from the mildew.
I spent the lat 4 days sleeping on a thermrest in Rocky Mountain Nation Park in a tent with my dog which was a higher quality than my first room.
The second clerk who allowed me to change rooms was also very plesant.
My recommendation--skip this motel.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Penny V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Easy access off the interstate. Great breakfast options with wonderful staff in attendance. I have never seen 2 attendants in a Holiday Inn before-they were so upbeat and pleasant! Made a good start to the day.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Penny V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for posting an online review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express, Colby, KS! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our breakfast attendant's were able to provide you with a great start to your day!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Check in was a bugger but the room was wonderful. We signed up for a suite for six people but the computer would only let the lady put in 4 people. It took at least 30 minutes to check in because she couldn't figure out the computer.

Slept 6 people on two beds and a pull out couch. Plenty of room. Breakfast was filling and had many options. We didn't get to check out the pool.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Penny V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express, Colby, KS! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that check in took that long. I will review procedures with some of our newer staff and I am confident that it will not happen again. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay by letting us know where we did good and areas for improvement!

Penny V., GM

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, nothing special, but a great place to spend the night when traveling on vacation. A few fast food joints in the area to get a bite to eat. After we checked in, it bugged me for a while where I had heard of Colby, Kansas before. I know I have driven through there several times, but then it hit me -- a John Denver song called "Matthew" mentions Colby, Kansas.......mystery solved, and not a bad place to stop..........

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Penny V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express, Colby, KS. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a "nice vacation stop over"! It's interesting that you recalled where you have heard of Colby before.....I have read that he had relatives in the area and used to spend summers as a kid in the area:-) We hope when you find yourself traveling in the Colby area you will come back and stay with us again! Thank you for posting an online review!