“Nice room, great price.”
Review of Motel 6 Colby

Motel 6 Colby
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and I am so glad to see that Motel 6's are updating their facilities.

I try to stay at a Motel 6 whenever I can because they offer comfortable and clean rooms at very reasonable rates.

Room Tip: My room was comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 October 2016

I needed to sleep after driving all the way through Kansas. The price was right. It must be terribly difficult to run a motel in the 21st century - I get it. I really do. But I also have to be honest: while Spartan sleeping arrangements on the road were all right in my youth, as I get a little older I want a tub that drains when I shower, a firm mattress, matching decor, a remote that works, and no bugs - not even dead ones (which they were dead, at least). I am easy-going, however, and would stay here again if I was forced to boogie through Kansas once more. I liked the front desk service, the free wifi, the gentle hum of the fan/AC for my sleep, and the free coffee - and they did not get upset I had to double fist the caffeine before departure. Much appreciated.

3.5 Stars - Slightly above average but not quite four stars.

One final, hilarious note b/c I do have a sense of humor: room 213 had a sink reminiscent of the prank pulled in the 1986 film April Fool's Day. I turned it on only to be drenched, top and torso, because water comes out hard and fast and has a great splash radius. I found it funny. Others may not, so just a fair warning.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped here without a reservation because the place we had reserved was impossible. (They spoke literally no English and would not take a credit card. That was not Motel 6). Could the room have been any more Spartan? I don't think so. No rug. No dresser. No hair dryer. No pictures. No breakfast. On the other hand, it was clean, big enough, and the bed was comfortable. And the price was okay. Right off I70.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2016

As far as Motel Sixes go, this is one of the best I have stayed at.

The room was almost spotless. The first unique thing I noticed was the towel holder in the bathroom--it was bright yellow, offering a contrast to the metal racks of other motels. Then I noticed the floor, which was not carpeted. You know how there's some motels, especially the cheaper ones, where you don't really want to walk on the carpet because it feels gross? This Motel Six simply averted the problem and made the room more inviting.

Everything was in good condition in the room; the lights and amenities all worked.

Staying at the Colby Motel Six was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016

This motel was our first stop on a 10 night journey out west. We were not disappointed. The room had "hardwood floors" which I like to much better than old carpeting. There was a fridge and microwave and large flat screen tv.

When we arrived late in the evening the room was already nice and cool (though the a/c unit was kind of noisy as it "shifted gears". The employee at check-in was pleasant to deal with.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family