All reviews visiting family in the area nice kitchen burner stove jordan creek sized fridge fire pit nice hotel in a great location nice bedding entire facility lots of restaurants the staff was friendly and helpful des moines king bed hard boiled eggs the entire staff the breakfast area oatmeal
Reviewed 12 September 2016

We stayed here while traveling for a family memorial service. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and new. There was a large fridge which allowed us to store our cooler's contents as well as our restaurant leftovers. The stove, microwave, dishwasher, and dishes, cups, and silverware were all very helpful to our family during our stay. The breakfast buffet was typical food but tasty. Two small criticisms would be that the elevator is not centrally located but who doesn't need a few extra steps each day? The other mild annoyance was that the fold out sofa bed buts right up to the king bed so you had to climb over one or the other to get to the other side. Last, I had somehow missed that there is a pool available and we could have let the kids burn off some energy after being contained in the van all day. Fantastic place to stay with plenty of shopping and restaurants around!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca L
Kevin S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Rebecca L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. I do apologize that you were not informed of our indoor pool. We value each guest and want you to know how much we appreciate you choosing to stay at our property. We hope you will come back to visit us again.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

One of the nicest places I've stayed for the money. Newer, clean, convenient - but mostly because the entire staff was so nice to us, welcoming and friendly. The guy who puts this place on the top of my list is Breakfast Bob who runs the entire continental breakfast. All things being equal I would return just because of him!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank schwindmatt
Kevin S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear schwindmatt,

Thank you for staying with us!! We appreciate your feedback and will pass along to my team. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Des Moines area.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

My family stayed here overnight during a cross-country road trip. The hotel is fairly new, nicely styled and furnished, and located in a great neighborhood with a beautiful shopping mall and numerous restaurant selections. I could live here. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite. The only change I'd make is to redesign the bathroom, which had plenty of room for a two-basin vanity and separate shower and tub. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark D

Dear Mark D,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and the two bedroom suite. Please come back and see us soon!!

Reviewed 2 August 2016

My daughter and I stayed here on a return trip from Nebraska and we were pleasantly surprised, as we had never been to a TownePlace Suites before. The place is brand new, very clean and felt almost like we were staying in someone's apartment (a kitchen! Who knew?). The employees were extremely friendly and helpful, even going so far as to refill my coffee at breakfast when a new pot had just been made. The location is great - easy access to the highways, lots of restaurants and right by every store imaginable. If you go (in good weather), make sure to take a walk to the area of Jordan Creek that has a little pond with a walking path and restaurants around it - charming.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jenc820

Dear jenc820,

Your kind words are appreciated! It's so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the room, friendly service, and location! Please make yourself at home here whenever we have the opportunity to host you!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

this is a very nice hotel very clean the suites are rather small but comfortable they have nice kitchen and a desk its almost in the Jordon creek mall parking lot lots of great restaurants movie theater at your door step breakfast bob runs the kitchen for your morning pleasure the staff was very nice I would definitely recommend this place and its very fairly priced I forgot to mention the out door fire pits with couches

Room Tip: I had a normal suit it was small so I would ask if they have a upgrade maybe a little larger
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Dear Joe W.,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you had a great stay! It is always our pleasure to provide you with a clean and comfortable room along with friendly service. We hope that you will remember us the next time you are in Des Moines.