All reviews des moines front desk staff cracker barrel starbucks coffee club room breakfast buffet nice hotel lobby bar an update wireless internet fitness center business trip nice stay water pressure indoor pool scrambled eggs the room was nice
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I stayed here for work one day this week. I also stayed at a Sheraton in Madison and in Milwaukee. The club lounge at the Sheraton in West Des Moines was disappointing. Food options were pretty limited. Same with drink options - the only had Lipton tea, whereas Sheraton Club lounges always have Tazo. No nuts to mix into the oatmeal. Disappointing, in short.

Also no recognition of status when I checked in, no room upgrade, and had to wait a few minutes for someone to come to the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Chris S, General Manager at Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Europhile83,

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and your comments have been shared with our management team so that action can be taken to improve the overall guest experience. I hope that if your travels bring you back to West Des Moines that you will have a chance to experience the impact your feedback made.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Previously stayed here few years ago. This recent stay was second time here. On first impression the hotel still very nice. Lobby area nice atmosphere. Rooms clean and updated. Beds comfortable. Pool and fitness room very nice as well.
Couple things not so impressive. I needed ice so followed signs all around third floor but no ice machine found. So called front desk. Was told by not so friendly desk agent that ice machines only located on 8th and 10th floors and hung up on me. So journeyed to upper floor to get ice. Ok finally have some ice for drinks. Now try to watch some TV but find the channel selections very poor and few high definition quality options available mostly grainy analog picture. The ESPN channel was unwatchable. Picture tiling. Guess I expected better from a 3.5 star rated hotel. Hope they can make improvements in these areas. Average at best

Room Tip: Ice machines located on floors 8 and 10
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback as it allows us to improve for you. I sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced while with us. We are currently finishing up a full renovation of the guest rooms and floors that we have been replacing all the ice machines as the cooridors are completed. We are also currently in search of a new TV solution to fix and repair the service issues.

I hope that if travels bring you back to West Des Moines that we will have the opportunity to host you again and show you these improvements.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Have stayed at this property more than 30 times in the past 5 years. Recently they have been going through a renovation - and the new beds rock!

Issue experienced this week. Showed up without a reservation(new iPhone and SPG APP was not working). I asked front desk staff for a room. Starwood online showed a rate of $83. Front Desk Official said he could not honor that and that the rack rate was $109.

I advised the young man that I would be back in a few. Walked to the business center, went online and booked the $83 rate. Went back and checked in.

I understand corporate Standard Operating Procedures, but at some point, leaders must give their team some direction and inspiration on the subject of common sense.

Mr. Stockman, if you read these, perhaps you can have a coaching conversation with that young man on duty on the evening of 17 March.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback.

I can assure you all comments are read and reviewed with the hotel team so that we can use the feedback to improve our services. Thank you for your loyalty and I hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel was completely updated with brand new modern carpet, furniture, countertops etc It's a beautiful hotel!! Very pleasantly surprised. I will stay here again, though I was irritated to have to pay for wifi. In my extensive travel for work in the past two years I have never had to pay for wifi.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Went there for two nights for a convention. The rooms are nice and it is a very clean property. The reasoning for only an average rating is it is not great for a convention crowd. The bar is extremely small and closes early on certain nights. Also the food served for the convention was not good at all. If they serve meatloaf, run fast away. The meeting room space was sufficient and the sound was great. Adequate/clean place to stay, just not great for large groups.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank exacta123
Chris S, General Manager at Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

exacta123,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to learn we did not meet all of your needs during yoru stay with us. We will be sharing your comments with the proper departments in the hotel in order to work to improve our services to all. I hope that if your travels bring you back to West Des Moines that we will have an opportunity to host you again and show you the changes your feedback made.