“Good food, service and ambience”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located just east of Jordan Creek Town Center next to The Courtyard by Marriott. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Good place for a business lunch. Reservations are accepted. Nice bar too for evening dinner and cocktails.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants, particularly chain steak houses, but Firebirds impressed me. The food was excellent. Steaks were served as ordered, and were very good. The salads are great...I could have made a meal of the BLT salad. The sides are a bit limited, missing things like asparagus, etc. The spiced pecan green beans were very good though. The prices aren't bad at all, especially considering the quality of the food. If you get Amanda as your server, you've hit the jackpot. Attentive, pleasant and fun. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank JDP1477
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

I suggested Firebirds for dinner when visiting my son in Des Moines. I read several reviews where people claimed they had excellent steak. At our table of three we had New York strip that was tough and over cooked with steak fries that my son compared to his college cafeteria fries. We also ordered the chicken breast with pineapple and vegetables. The presentation was appealing, but dry chicken was not. The third entree was a ribeye ordered medium rare with a baked potato. It's hard to mess up a fully loaded potato so no complaints there. The ribeye was cooked to perfection on 1/3 of the steak and over cooked on the rest. It still had a good flavor, but if you cannot cook a steak medium rare you are not a reputable steak restaurant. The cuts were very thin so that might have been part of the problem. The waiter who was knowledgeable, almost to the point of annoying, offered to bring another which we declined. It was an overall average dining experience. We would consider returning to the bar, but will look outside Des Moines when desiring a good steak.

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear Slynn,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our West Des Moines location. The situation that you are describing regarding the preparation of the steaks and chicken does not reflect our usual food standards and I want to sincerely apologize. Your feedback is invaluable to us so I will share your comments with our management team so that they may make the necessary adjustments with our cooking staff. Our hope is that you will give us another try soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Dinner was very good. The servers were great. The atmosphere here was very nice. Great bar area. Enjoyed everything about the experience. I wasn't paying so I couldn't give it a 5. Can't see someone being real disappointed.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Stopped in for happy hour with colleagues. Black Diamond martini was awesome and only $5! They also have lots of great food items on their happy hour special. Bar has great selection of fine spirits and has a great atmosphere!