“took over 90 mins to get food”
Review of China Garden

China Garden
Ranked #137 of 288 Restaurants in West Des Moines
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Took over 90 minutes to get my food! I placed the order online then 45 minutes later I call the restaurant inquiring about the food and the man tells me that it is on its way. 20 minutes later I call the restaurant back and now he cant find the order. Apparently they ran out of printer paper or something. I had to go pick up my food because he said it would be an additional 30 minutes to deliver my food. They refused to do anything to rectify the situation. I will never eat there again because of this. The food was wasn't good either, the "fried" rice was mostly white rice with a few pieces of peas and egg. The crab Rangoon was soggy and not fluffy like I have had it at other places.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We first tried this place when we moved to the neighborhood, but after trying many other Chinese restaurants, this has been our favorite! They have a lovely dine-in experience, but we usually end up getting delivery (which is shockingly fast). Portions are huge for the price and entrees are chock full of fresh veggies.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

This is not your typical pre- packaged Chinese food. Their dishes are made fresh to order with plenty of fresh veggies. Plus they have super fast delivery. Or if you dine in, expect a pleasant clean place where you can take guests for a reasonable price.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

With it's extensive menu, this strip-mall stop serves all of the dishes typical of other middle-of-the-road central Iowa Chinese restaurants. My partner and I started off with sizzling rice chicken soup, which included a flavorful broth and plenty of perfectly cooked vegetables. The vegetarian egg rolls were excellent, too, though they were actually spring rolls, about 1/2-inch in diameter with a light and crispy wrapper. Unfortunately, the entree we shared fell far short. We chose the braised pork, thinly sliced medallions of pork, a variety of vegetables (especially shreds of carrot)and a deep brown sauce. The sauce was rather bland, though not awful, but extremely greasy. The side of fried rice was forgetable. Other negatives included uncomfortable wooden chairs and a huge TV that dominated the space. On the plus side: fairly generous portions and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The first time I went the food was really good, the next time I went it was not as fresh.