“Good!”

Canton Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #147 of 273 Restaurants in West Des Moines
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Family Home Style Oversea Cantonese Food, good taste, reasonable price, small restaurant and generous owners.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The lunch portion was good but the flavoring was very blah. Had General Tso's Chicken and asked for medium spice. It came out kind of sweet. The fried rice was also very blah. The offer canned soft drinks rather than refillable cups.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Buffet is like $8 for lunch. Well worth it. Skip the greasy egg drop soup though. Teriyaki wings are killer, everything is fresh. Not many entrees but what do you expect from a place that sits 20?

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had really high hopes for this place. Then, unfortunately, reality set in really quick. We walked inside and were greeted by a not so friendly lady at the register. We ordered our food and sat down at the booth. It's a small place- can maybe hold 20 people max. We received our egg drop soup first. That was our first indication of an inevitable letdown. Very dark yellow broth, and the egg was chopped into tiny, worthless pieces. Very little flavor. Next came the crab rangoons/egg rolls. The best part of our meal... and yet very greasy. Last came our orange chicken and fried rice. Hands down the worst fried rice I have ever had. It was dark brown and had no seasoning or vegetables in it. I'm not sure if it was burnt or not. If I had ever tasted wood, I imagine that's what it would taste like. The orange chicken was plentiful, but unlike any orange chicken I have ever had before (and not in a good way). Little flavor, thick sauce. Hugely disappointed. I'd like to give this place a second chance, I just don't know that I could stomach it.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

Lunch buffet was very good and low priced, $6.50 with tax. Nice mix of generals chicken, sesame chicken, beef and broccoli, rice, 2 soups, lo mien, crab Rangoon and egg rolls. Not a very big place but good food and nice lady serving the buffet and taking money.