“Good Sandwiches, very busy during lunch”

Palmer's Deli & Market
Ranked #18 of 278 Restaurants in West Des Moines
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 13 March 2017

The BeefEater sandwich is a good choice! Good pickles, side options, and desserts (brownies are amazing). Gets pretty busy during lunch time, try to get there early!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We came in for breakfast instead of eating at the hotel. We were disappointed they did not serve breakfast. Our sandwiches were good and so was the soup. The service was excellent though we were the only patrons at that time. We were glad they had a separate entrance so the cold from outside did not come into the dining area.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Beautiful day in Des Moines. This is a great deli. Sandwiches. Salads and soups all are good and hard to choose. Then must finish with a two handed cookie. Service was friendly and helpful as it was my first time. Even let us sample soup before ordering. Good place to go with a group as plenty to choose from. Everyone happy.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I had two different soups, both excellent. I tried three salads from the deli case, also excellent. The cookies were quite yummy as well. Loved the local option for a deli.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Came here because it happened to be right across the street from our hotel, and I am so glad we did. I know there are several locations of Palmer's Deli in Des Moines, and I assume the quality is comparable. They have a wide range of sandwiches and you can create your own (as I did). Then you can choose from among a wide selection of prepared salads like potato salad, cole slaw etc. They also have a nice fresh salad department where you can create your own green salad. They have good looking desserts and the quality was first rate. I'd come back here anytime!