“Loved this place! Great thai food - can't wait to come back”
Review of Lemon Grass

Lemon Grass
Ranked #29 of 271 Restaurants in West Des Moines
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 21 May 2016

I had a business lunch meeting at this restaurant and I certainly was impressed with the soups, the entrée and the service.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

First time at a Thai restaurant and both the food and the service were great. My wife and I will be returning.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Its not fancy but its clean and nice,,great service from real people. They always nail the spice level, the spring rolls are the best in town and portions are more than ample. If you want to try something different they are very good about explaining different diches

Reviewed 23 January 2016

I was in town for business and wanted something simple but satisfying for dinner. "Pho," I decided. "A big bowl of pho would be perfect."

After searching for recommendations online, I traveled from West Des Moines into Des Moines to visit A Dong restaurant. Not noted on the website was the fact that it was closed. Dang.

Went online again and chose Lemon Grass instead. Unfortunately, as a Thai/Laotian (rather than Vietnamese) restaurant, Lemon Grass only had 2 choices for pho. But their beef pho had a nice flavor, so I didn't want to add any spices and mask it. I had the usual side plate of fresh Thai basil, bean sprouts and lime wedge — only missing slices of fresh jalapeno. And I might have liked a bit more meat in the bowl. But overall, quite satisfying. The dessert of sweet sticky rice and mango was the perfect finish.

I'm betting that if I were staying longer in town and could visit again, trying a few more items, I could "up" my rating. I say that, because the restaurant filled up quite nicely, so I can tell it's popular.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

This establishment looks fairly mundane from the outside. But, inside it has a quiet and refined elegance that belies its moderately low prices. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The floors are a very tasteful brick, the linens fine and the dinnerware classically elegant. The menu is extensive, dinner for one being somewhere in the $10-$20 range, depending on the dish selected. The fare is well made and well presented, not over-seasoned and generous in portion. Service was great, helpful and quick.