All reviewsdes moinesstand alone showershower and toiletserving guestsbedroom areahot breakfast itemsscrambled eggsfresh fruitjordan creek mallseparate sinkevening managertv standfront desk attendantperkins restaurantwhirlpool suiterefrigerator and microwavegreat stop
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We just took a road trip from Nebraska to Wisconsin. On our way home we stayed at Springhill. What a wonderful end to our vacation! Our room was huge, clean and the beds were amazing! The service was great. The front desk gentleman was extremely nice and at our service. Thank you!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Tyler C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Des Moines West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. It is awesome to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the service was great!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is family friendly and conveniently located near I-80 and within an easy drive of Jordan Creek Mall. My sister and I stayed in a suite with three grandchildren. They loved the indoor pool and most importantly we had plenty of room, even for the play and pack for the 16 month old toddler. We had two TVs so kids could watch their shows in one area and the adults could watch their shows. I split the cost with my sibling so it was a very reasonable price.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The lobby lures you into thinking this might be a fancy hotel especially with the Marriott branding visible. The room was clean but very bright! There is a street lamp outside our room that really became a problem since the drapes were too short to block the light from coming in. My husband had to get creative as you can see in the photographs to make it work for us.

The pillows need an upgrade. If you placed a folded towel on the bed it would be thicker than the pillows that were present.

The communication between housekeeping and front desk can be improved. The maid mentioned that she skipped cleaning our room since they were not certain if we were checking out or staying. Once that issue was resolved she was very efficient and cleaned the room very well.

There is an issue with the internet connection as it had a bit of a lag and keeps kicking you offline.

The hotel does not seem to have quiet hours. Groups of team players were there when we were there and the children were still running the halls after 11 pm.... plus the walls are very thin and we could hear parts of the adjoining room conversation.

Not certain if I would stay at this particular location again. There are other Marriott hotels in the area, I might give those a try.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Abid T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Des Moines West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize that the drapes let light in, housekeeping not cleaning your room while you were there, internet issues and the noise. We have many projects in the works as we prepare for our renovations later this year beginning of next year.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

In town for a 3 day baseball tourney. Place was fully booked... checked out before day 2. Staff was very nice, but even with a gov't rate we were not going to pay for another night. Rooms were spacious, but needed updating. Killer was no AC in late June... friendly staff brought up a fan, which helped, but no upgrade? Discount? Comp? None of the above... sorry, won't be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize for the A/C unit not working properly. We have many projects in the works as we prepare for our renovations later this year beginning of next year.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Very nice staff, hotel common areas and rooms very clean. However, I have stayed at Springhill Suites in other places that were really nice and comfortable - unfortuantely, this one is not. It seems a little run down. My biggest complaint is that the mattress was lumpy -seemed like a cheap memory foam mattress that had outlived it usefulness. IT was very uncomfortable. I was up several times evch night because I just was not comfortable. Also, there is no thermostatic control for the room. There is a metal fan unit under the window (which, of course, is right by the bed). You can select "warmer" or "cooler" and fan speeds, but basically your choices are hot as hell, cold as ice, or stale air. And it's really noisy. Other issues included a very slow internet speed (I finally just turned the wi-fi off and use cellular connection) and a jacuzzi that was in our room (which was very nice) that per the instructions should have had controls to adjust the intensity of the jets but didn't. This is not a "and" place to stay-it's clean and in a nice area, and the breakfast was good - but there are other hotels in the same area that are probably more updated and more comfortable that are also clean, have good staff, and have good breakfasts that are in the same price range.

Room Tip: Request a room that is NOT next tot he elevator or ice machine area!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Abid T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Des Moines West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Thank you for your response. We apologize for the issues that you had with your stay and I want to assure you that we are looking into resolving these issues.