All reviews choice hotels lots of pillows breakfast area is great place to stay nice hot tub hot items late check des moines breakfast staff biscuits and gravy comfortable bed front desk person restaurants and shopping fitness room hot breakfast clean hotel scrambled eggs
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Friendly desk staff, clean room, good internet in the room. Cookies in the evening were a nice touch. The hotel is across the street from a grocery store, which we appreciated.

Lots of breakfast options; the staff at breakfast were constantly refilling things, cleaning tables, asking if they could help. Very impressive.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
gmia225, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Des Moines near Jordan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Kit,
Thank you for taking time to do a review of the Sleep Inn and Suites in West Des Moines.

I am excited to hear that the breakfast staff was there to take care of you at breakfast. And yes, the cookies are good and we also offer popcorn some evenings too.

I hope we can be of service to you again soon.

Thank you Kit.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The Room was clean , very comfortable bed. Clean bathroom . They had good, hot breakfast. It was a little bit pricey , because the Iowa State fair was in town but other than that it was really good! I'd recommend this Hotel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
gmia225, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Des Moines near Jordan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Camiones C,

Thank you for the wonderful review of us here at the Sleep Inn and Suites of West Des Moines. I see you enjoyed our nice new comfortable bed and our hot breakfast. I appreciate that you would recommend us-thank you!

I hope we get a chance to be of service to you again real soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in West Des Moines. When we called to make the reservation we called the hotel's direct number but when you ask for reservations you are directed to a nationwide reservation center. We wanted a suite with an adjoining room. We were told the suites had a door to the living area and there was a 90% guarantee of an adjoining room. When we got to the hotel and checked in our rooms were not adjoining and the suite was just one big room. We found out that this hotel has no adjoining rooms at all! When we complained to the Sleep Inn we were told they would review what the agent told us and get back to us. We have called many times and never gotten a call back. Don't believe what they tell you! I will never stay at another Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
gmia225, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Des Moines near Jordan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Bow232,

I want to apologize that your stay at the Sleep Inn was not up to your expectations. I sincerely am concerned about the misinformation you where given in regards to the adjoining rooms. I will review this with my contact through the central reservation service.

I also wanted to let you know that as the manager here at this site, I have not received any contact regarding this situation. I am not sure if you have been working through a travel agent who is not responding to your inquiries or another source ..?

Please contact me at 515-978-4012 and I would be happy to discuss your concerns or feel free to contact me by email gm.ia225@choicehotels.com.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I travel weekly for business, so I have many night in a hotel to compare to. This is one of the loudest hotels I have ever stayed in. I can hear the guests above me walking around, every person that walks up/down the hallway, every time the ice machine is used, every door that opens/closes, etc...The room and hotel were clean and nice due to it's newness, and all of the employees were very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on either end of the hotel to minimize noise. Don't stay by elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dawg37179,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Sleep Inn. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay. I will review your concerns with the management team.

I did note that you commented on the rooms are clean and that the employees are friendly. I appreciate all your comments and will take things in consideration to help us make the Sleep Inn an awesome place to stay.

Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Very nice new hotel. Swimming pool is small but adequate. Nice hot tub. Close (but not within walking distance) to Jordan Creek mall and many restaurants. No restaurant on site. There is a McDonald's and a gas station within walking distance. Hotel is new and on edge of town so I would expect there to many more options as the area gets developed. Very friendly and helpful staff. There are pet friendly rooms available for an extra fee.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
gmia225, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Des Moines near Jordan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Sharon,
Thank you for taking time to review us here at the Sleep Inn and Suites West Des Moines. I appreciate that you comments refer to several of our amenities that we offer here at the Sleep Inn.

Did you get a chance to shop at Jordan Creek Mall? It is one of the many exciting places to visit in Des Moines.

I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again. Thank you!