All reviews des moines easy checkin complimentary shuttle service great central location breakfast was amazing kids enjoyed the pool pull out bed jordan creek staff was very friendly hotel breakfast very clean hotel visit family comfortable room nice size rooms are large excellent hotel definitely stay here again
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Fantastic, helpful, professional front desk staff. Clean beautiful lobby. Gorgeous and delicious breakfast offerings. Nice rooms. I had a medical emergency which ended my stay un a hospital. The staff was great, didn't charge me for the extra nights that I was in the hospital instead of my reserved room. Helped my friend gather my belongings. Excellent, excellent people! I give the rooms one less star because I feel like they look basic blah. They could use a little more luxury pizazz, like the hotel lobby looks but they are comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 19 July 2018

If you stay at Hyatt Places regularly, you know there are a couple of tiers, but as much as I stay with them, you find gradations even within those tiers. In smaller cities with no Regency or Grand Hyatt, the HP’s are usually of the higher tier, as is the case in Des Moines. But I’d like to also mention that W Des Moines’ Hyatt Place is at the top of the higher tier Hyatt Places I have stayed at over the years. The staff is noticeably more hospitable and pleasant, the hotel is in noticeably better condition than many, and their food and beverage is also a cut above my of the Hyatt Place’s I have stayed at. I would highly recommend this property to regular Hyatt guests, and tell those who typically prefer to spend less on a place to stay, this this property is worth the price!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This is a nice well maintained hotel! I stayed here for work. The rooms are clean and spacious. My room had a good size couch and nice comfortable bed. The bathrooms are large with shower only. The downfall for this hotel is the small pool, no jacuzzi, no microwaves, and not a good complimentary breakfast. The plus is the location, fridges in the room, nice size tv, good ac, comfy beds, large newer rooms, and fitness room. This is a very good hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

1. The hotel asked for a card for incidentals at check in (the reservation was booked with corporate card), but the hotel charged my personal card. It was quickly fixed when I made them aware.

2. They had a large group on the patio one Saturday night. The group overfilled the garbage cans with food containers, food, and beer bottles, and left towels and garbage on tables. All that stuff stayed like that from Saturday night until Tuesday evening.

3. Had to report loud guests (kids running playing in halls and screaming) multiple times before I was able to go to sleep at 12am.

4. The room was clean for the most part beside the dog dishes filled with dog food left in bottom of closet from a previous guest. My room phone did not work. The internet lost connection often for short periods. Every time you cut on the TV after about two minutes it would automatically go to menu. No microwaves in the rooms.

5. The maintenance/shuttle driver kept putting notes on one of my co-workers vehicle with his phone number asking her to go out with him. She did not feel safe and was very uncomfortable her.

6. The breakfast is hit or miss, with more miss than hit!

7. I am Platinum with IHG, and Gold with Marriott. I have sent a status match request to Hyatt Corporate over two weeks ago and have had zero response, which is not a big deal because I will not be going out of my way to stay at Hyatt after this stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We stayed for two nights while visiting relatives in the area. We needed to check in early, so I called a few days ahead and made those arrangements, without any problems.
The staff were friendly, check-in was quick. The room was comfortable and at the end of the hall, so we thought it would be quiet. Around 10pm, the guests across the hall started playing loud music and running in and out of the room. I called the front desk and the front-desk staff spoke to the occupants and they quieted down very quickly. She also called me about 15 minutes later to let me know she’d talked to the occupants, and to make sure I call the front desk again if it happened again (it didn’t). I appreciated her handling the situation quickly and effectively and calling me back. Otherwise, the room was quiet for the rest of our stay. Breakfast was very good. The location was convenient for us and we’ll stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple