See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We checked in ,rude deskclerk. Didn't tell us the "pet friendly " didn't mean they would have a place for your pet to go,had to walk my dog almost 2 blocks away in a very seedy part of town. Hallway was gross, white stuff sprinkled on carpet to cover putried smell,room was dirty bathtub had foot prints in it. Nonsmoking had smoke smell when you opened door. Carpet so filthy wouldn't walk on it without shoes on. Half the stuff in bathroom was fallin apart or rusty ,toilet ran constantly. And don't go out after dark omg scary!! Drunk and high people walking around ,one guy peed right on front of hotel by door . Horibble place the only good side was the air was cold. And breakfast Hah!! what a joke..make your own waffles with nasty syrup n milk sitting out no ice on it. Just GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont go there better to sleep in your car
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Linn I
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This hotel is now an Econo Lodge and with that I didn't expect much but I was really disappointed. The hotel was recommended by family and I didn't have a choice in where I stayed but I can assure you I will never be back. First, they put me in a room on the 2nd floor at the end of a dark dingy hallway with no light, torn carpets and a smell that I couldn't decide if it was urine or stale beer. The room as about as far away from the rest of my party as they could put me (my parent's room on the 5th floor while run down was at least spacious and appeared clean). It look me 20 minutes to find the bathroom light switch and when I did, I found mold in the shower tiles, a toilet that wouldn't stop running, and just a dingy dirty room. I did not feel safe on that floor or in that room so I asked to be moved closer to my parents. The staff were very nice and did move me to the 4th floor. The hallway and room where brighter but still very run down and in need of some serious refurbishment. In reading reviews, they said the breakfast was good but that also was a disappointment. I wasn't expecting a full buffet or anything but the choices were minimal, milk was not kept chilled, and no one seemed to be around. The final straw was coming back to the hotel one night to find what had to be a drug deal going on in the parking lot. This hotel is in need of a lot of TLC as is the rest of the area it is located in. I can't imagine why anyone would stay there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Quality inn is now econolodge. It was an ok stay for the price. It's,in the middle of downtown so your able too walk around and explore a little. They didn't have a pool and we never woke up early enough for breakfast. Overall for the price it was right.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2017

This is an interesting hotel. It's in the middle of downtown Waterloo. You're definitely not coming here for the scenery... but my wife & I never had any problems, or ever felt unsafe during our stay.

The room we ended up in (two double beds, in order to avoid a smoking room) was a little on the small side, but at the same time, was not cramped. Bathroom was fine for us, and the heat worked well. Beds were comfortable, although my wife didn't care for the pillows... I thought they were OK, though. Breakfast included a make-your-own-waffle station, biscuits & gravy (a nice surprise, but could use improvement), and some cold food options -- along with coffee and juice. Check-out time is noon, which was also nice for us.

The hotel is supposed to be going through renovations, and we noticed one of the two elevators was out of service. However, the hotel was not very full when we stayed, so it was never an issue.

I've seen others refer to this hotel as no-frills, and I'd agree with their assessment. But if you just need a quiet room, and don't need a pool or anything like that, this is a good option.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Their policies on reserving and checking in rooms is utterly ridiculous they make it impossible for you to try and spend money at their hotel front desk Supervisor was very friendly Beyond her and I'm talking about upper management and owner we're very rude.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends