See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I stay at Motel 6 in Waterloo a lot. Over the past year it has upgraded dramastically and the staff has changed. When I checked in in April the front desk clerk I think her name was Beth was very friendly had a smile on her face and made me feel welcome. The housekeeping staff cleaned my room very nicely I would definitely stay again

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2017

The rooms were clean as was the overall hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Was much nicer than what Motel 6 is usually. Must have been something else before. It was within walking distance to the mall and many fast food restaurants. Would recommend!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2017

We mistakenly booked this instead of one of the many hotels in the area. Yeah ... big mistake. From the room keys constantly not working (like, several times a day) to the lack of staff, to the nonexistent pool towels (after asking the front desk, they'd point to the dryer, shrug, and then bring out 2 of them 10 minutes later — for a pool filled with 8 people) to the tiny, tiny rooms ... let's just say that we'll stay somewhere else next time. Anywhere else.

Oh, I almost forgot ... part of the shower fell into the tub in our room the night we checked in. Yeah, buddy.

The kicker was when we had 6 family members in the lobby saying goodbye, and we were doing the hugging thing, wishing everybody well, including my 77-year-old parents, and the woman at the front desk shouts at us loudly, "CAN YOU QUIET DOWN?! I HAVE A TRAINEE COMING IN!" We weren't even loud. Oh, and the next day, they booked a huge dog in the room next to us that would not stop barking.

Room Tip: Really, there aren't any here.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I stayed here on Nov.11th. & 12th.,2016..to visit my friend Renee who lives in Waterloo, this hotel is very close to where she live;s..very close to shopping and dining in the area..the room was very warm & comforting..very clean & the bed was soft ..best sleep i have had in a hotel in a very long time..Beth, the night manager on duty was very helpful in giving me suggestions where to dine in the area nearby...I will be back here again.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Two of us were on a motorcycle trip and were looking for a place to lay our heads down that was cheap, clean and within walking distance to a place to eat. After a long day on the motorcycles, we did not want to drive to dinner.

We found the hotel was clean, the pool refreshing and the room comfortable. This is not a 5 star but your average 3 star with some evident wear and tear. It was what we were looking for and served our purpose. NO bed bugs or other scary critters.

It was a short walk to a variety of restaurants at the end of the street and a shopping mall virtually across the street. Be aware there are no sidewalks alongside the street so you do have to be careful walking.

Check out was quick and that too was also appreciated.

Alex