US$99
US$78
US$75
US$104
US$123
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Helllo my husband and I stayed here for about 3weeks total the first stay was in February the first room we were given had ants terrible and black mold in the bathroom the ants were even in our bed they moved us to another room it had ants as well so we moved once again it was better although all rooms were missing something like knobs on heater remotes or something we had to leave unexpectedly due to a health problem after ten days I finally got my money refunded. After much thought we decided to stay three weeks later once agin the room had ants so they moved us to another room that room had blood on curtains phone didn't work they didn't even have towels in the room when I went to ask for some they were out waited two hours for towels the pool has paint chipping everywhere and they don't have towels for the poorly the parking lot was filthy the manager parks his vehicle inone of the handicapped spots closest to door that made me mad as my husband can't walk to far but the managers take the closest spot. The rates are never the same at two am the noise is horrible worst hotel we have ever stayed at wouldn't send my worst enemy ther e

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 15 December 2014

I gave this motel a chance based on some good reviews I found here on Tripadvisor but after the horrible experience we had, it's only right I warn others who may be duped by the good reviews on here.

This is an email I sent to the GM of this property following a recent stay of ours.

I am writing you today to inform you about our recent stay. On November 14th I called in and spoke to Rachel about reserving 2 rooms for Saturday the 15th. I asked her what your cancellation policy was before booking incase the snow we were expecting would delay our travel plans. She explained to me that we would be able to cancel up until 6pm on the day of arrival. I booked two non-smoking king rooms and explained to Rachel that we would be arriving very late. She said no problem and gave me two confirmation numbers. Saturday at 5:20 pm I called your hotel to confirm my rooms. I believe it was Ashley who answered the phone. I explained we had 2 rooms reserved for that night and I just wanted to confirm our very late arrival. I did not even give her my name when she said "for Paul -----?" I said yes to which she replied that they already knew about our late arrival.

Fast forward to 1 am. I entered the lobby and waited approximately 4-5 minutes for the clerk to assist me as she was busy printing papers. I said we needed to check into our rooms. She said they did not have any king size beds available but she had rooms with 2 queen beds. I said we had reservations and confirmation numbers for 2 rooms with king beds and that I called prior to our arrival to confirm. She then informed me she had cancelled our rooms since I did not provide a credit card and she needed to do her nightly audit. I explained to her that they never asked me for one and that I had called that evening to confirm my late arrival and that it wasn't my problem that you guys gave away my rooms. The front desk clerk then told me it wasn't her problem either. Not the response she should be giving to paying customers but none the less, I said FINE just give us the queen beds so we could just check in and go to bed. I signed the receipt and the disclaimer about smoking in the room which can result in a $250 charge.

We get to the first of our 2 rooms, opened the door and it reeked of smoke. We tried to open the window to air it out but it wont open. At this point it was 2 am, we were tired from traveling all night in the bad weather and wanted to sleep. At 7:30 am I wake up with a horrible sore throat and stuffy nose thanks to the man in the room conjoining to us smoking. I immediately call the front desk, inform her of the situation to which she says she will address. She knocks on our door, comes in and smells the conjoining door and goes to his front door and knocks. He refused to open the door, she says they had complaints of him smoking, he says he isn't smoking. She says housekeeping is going to check his room when he leaves. She leaves and then we began to smell incense burning. My husband then went to take a shower and behind the bathroom door he finds nicotine dripping down the walls. Obviously this isn't the first time someone has smoked in that room or the rooms surrounding it. The carpet was filthy with large stains and tears. There was no kleenex to blow my nose and no shampoo or conditioner in the shower. Only a small bar of soap. At this point, I decide not to shower because I wanted to leave immediately. I call over to our second room only to find out it was equally as gross.

I go over to our other room to see what was wrong there. I walked in and right above the bed on the wall and on the framed art is what appears to be ketchup or some other form of sauce splatted all over. The wall next to the bed had black marks all over it. The bathroom ceiling had mold all over it. The hand towel hanging near the sink had black chunks on it and the large bathroom towel had what appeared to be a dirty footprint on it once unrolled. Again no kleenex, shampoo, or conditioner. Maybe those things aren't included with a stay at your motel but we were expecting them.

Upon check out I ask the clerk who helped us with the man smoking next door to make sure she noted our room so that we weren't charged the $250 smoking fee as we were not smoking in it. She said it was noted and wouldn't be a problem. I am not sure what you do with the $250 you claim to charge people who smoke in your rooms but I can guarantee you don't use it to pay your housekeeping staff to scrub down the walls otherwise we wouldn't have had nicotine running down our bathroom wall. I decided not to address the many other issues with her as I planned on emailing the pictures to management. We left.

I would like to say, we have traveled every single week for the last 5 years for my husbands job with Union Pacific and although we've never had to stay at a Motel 6 before, we will most definitely never stay at one again. Had we checked in prior to 1:30 am and had issues with the front desk or dirty rooms, we would have left and found a new hotel in the area. I am demanding a full refund on both of our rooms and I am sure once you see the attached pictures, you will do so. I also suggest you discuss with your not-so-friendly night clerk that she should probably refrain from telling customers that nothing is her problem, when clearly it is Motel 6's problem that no one asked me for credit card during the 3 phone calls I made prior to our arrival. I am not sure if your phone calls are recorded or not, but if so, please listen to them and you will find that not one person asked for such information. I would also discuss cleaning standards with your staff. I do not know how your house keeping staff could miss such obvious filth when it was the first thing we saw when entering the room.

Feel free to call me after discussing this email with your staff. I included names of those I had and since this occurred over this past weekend, I am sure they will recall my reservations.

I gave the GM a week to reply. I never heard anything. I called the hotel every day for 3 days to try and contact her and she ignored my calls. Luckily the nice girl who helped us with the man smoking next to our room, remembered me and offered to try and get the GM to contact us.

The next day that same nice girl called and informed me that she had refunded the money for our stay. I am not sure why the GM of a motel chooses not to follow up with customers and address the issues brought to their attention but instead has one of their front desk associates handle their dirty work. I can guarantee that none of the issues I addressed in my email to management were addressed and I am positive that the rest of the rooms are equally as gross. Hard to imagine we got the only two rooms in the whole entire place that were disgusting. Take a look at the pictures and decide for yourself if this is a place you'd want to stay.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ashley L
Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

Paid $62 so I don't expect much. Decent room. Had stains on the curtain but isn't a make my skin crawl filth. All in all I will come back again. There are plenty of things around in case you need something. Food is plentiful with a wide variety of resturaunts.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

According to my brand new Garmin, the number we called was the Baymont Inn. However, the Baymont has moved and apparently left their phone number with the Motel 6 that took over. But it was late, we had already given our credit card number to the Motel 6 and RAGBRAI was in the area which meant most hotels were booked. There is a lot to dislike here, but the non-smoking room we were given that still stinks of stale smoke has to be right up there. If you are going to declare a previously smoked in room "non-smoking" at least give it a good scrub so it doesn't reek. The towels looked like they had seen better days and could have used some bleach. The towels are small and thin, blanket was thin, pillows nearly nonexistent and the room in general was worn down.

Just suffice it to say, if you need accommodations in this area, there are a lot of other hotels you should try first. I know Tom says, "We'll leave the light on for you," but I wish they would have left some shampoo.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I choose this hotel for a night out away from home in my local area here as there are a lot of amenities close by and I know the area well. Upon arrival the receptionist was very friendly and accommodating. We got our room keys and proceeded to our room which was on the first floor facing the parking lot. Initial impressions were that this room, at least, had been renovated recently. The room was clean with the exception of a few stains on the carpet and what appeared to be marker/ink pen lines on the curtains. The heater united worked very well minus having some cosmetic issues with the vents and the shower had good hot water but the levers and spout were somewhat hard to manipulate but this wasn't a deal breaker. The shower curtain rod could have been placed a few inches closer to the ground as the curtain was barely long enough to fit inside the tub to keep water from going all over the floor. The only real drawbacks to my experience here was the somewhat dirty comforter (appears to have been washed but the brownish stains remained) and it looked like it had been sandwiched between two sheets to form a kind of duvet. Pillows were satisfactory. WiFi was intermittent with reception at times as they have multiple routers placed throughout the building..just need to find the one that works the best. Unfortunately, and this is not the fault of the hotel staff but rather the persons occupying various rooms above mine were very loud until about 2am in the morning. The check out process was very quick and pleasant and I will reiterate the friendliness of the staff I dealt with at this location. Overall, if I had to get off the road or needed an emergency place to stay the night I'd consider this place but only if other options were booked. In closing, this isn't the worst place I've stayed at but it's far from the best and I'm not counting super high end hotels in this statement.

Room Tip: Try to request a room on the 2nd level due to noise issues.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple