All reviews front desk would highly recommend staying here nice stop the breakfast area the general manager per year thoroughly enjoyed our stay comfortable mattresses state wrestling well maintained and clean guest experience meeting room workout facility recommend this hotel well run hotel in town waterloo cedar falls
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Was there for a week so got lots of time to write a fair review. First we are Marriott Platinum so we have been around. Not my first Fairfield and all others have been excellent. This one was just sloppy. The facility was newer and a typical Fairfield. Here is what was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Facility for the most part was fine and clean. Here is the annoying stuff. We were in a suite and of the 2 TVs only one worked correctly and the other one died on the third day. They came up and said they fixed it but still did not work. Iron did not work and leaked all over the clothing we tried to iron. Elevator rug was pretty dirty most of the week They finally sort of cleaned it on the last day we were there. Each night coming in we had to walk through all the smokers hanging around the entrance. Several times when going through the lobby or trying to find someone at the front desk there was no one there. We are not talking 1-2 minutes but longer. The most disturbing event was coming back into the lobby in the early evening we were greeted by a person (assume they were staying there) sitting on top of the front desk counter, legs dangling, drinking a beer and flirting with the front desk staff. All these observations speak to a lack of attention to detail and service that is common to most Marriott facilities.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert K
Charuldalal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waterloo Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Guest,

It was my pleasure speaking with you regarding TV, Iron in your room as well as our reputation at the hotel for being a Marriott. As I mentioned this is not a norm at my hotel, I hoping to see you again at the hotel.

Please let me know if there is anything else we could assist you with.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I arrived here after driving 10 hours and spending a few hours at a job I would be working on. I was in the room long enough to drop my bags and then leave to get something to eat. The lady at the desk asked me how my room was and at that point i thought it was good. That is until i got back after eatting and went into the bathroom. It had not been cleaned. The sink was full of stubble and hair. Then looking at the beds it was hard to tell if the sheets had actually been changed. I was too tired to notify the front desk and decided to wait till morning. Breakfast is the usual choices for Fairfield Inn. After eatting I talked to the young gentleman about my room and my concerns about the cleanliness. He immediately apologized and said he would leave a note for room to be changed when I got back. He upgraded me to a suite which was much better. The rest of my stay was good. The front desk staff are wonderful
Whenever I would set in the dining area in the evening to do my paperwork they would asked how I was doing and didn't mind that I was sitting there.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Charuldalal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waterloo Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear James,

I am so sorry you had an issue with your room at check-in, and happy to hear that it was rectified right away. Please to hear my staff really took take of you. Please do give us another opportunity to host your stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We stay at this hotel almost every month for several days at a time. We are always very warmly welcomed by Emily or Charul or one of the other friendly people at the front desk!
They all go out of their way to make sure we have what we need and that we are comfortable. Just recently, we needed to leave before a package arrived in the mail. Emily and Charul kept it safe for us for many weeks and made sure we received it when we returned!
Sarah is great and very friendly and helpful too, everyone is, I just wish
I knew everyone's name! Thanks so much, all of you!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Charuldalal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waterloo Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Darla,

Thank you for your kind words towards my staff and wonderful facility. We appreciate your repeat business, we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Our stay was a quick one, but it was long enough to experience the friendly and genuinely positive staff at this hotel. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast area was tidy and had a great variety of tasty hot and cold foods. I wasn't there long enough to use the workout facility, but I will when I return on my next trip.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Charuldalal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waterloo Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear 1Mominmn,

We are glad you had positive experience with our wonderful and friendly staff. Please do visit us again when in town.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Just opened in 2015. Online pictures is what you get!! Good location...colorful & stylish decor...clean... WONDERFUL BEDS (soft on top, but firm underneath)...spacious room..."bright & sunny" FANTASTIC "sectioned breakfast bar" (no congestion) with LARGE VARIETY of food...& "BEST OF ALL"---EXEMPLARY STAFF!!!! Needed the sofa sleeper & that, too, was comfortable for an adult woman. Jaymee, at the front desk---was charming, helpful & accommodating!!!! Irene, at the breakfast bar---was delightful, lovely & a "breath of fresh air"!!!! Our first stay---we will be back again in August of 2019!!! We can hardly wait!!! Thank you for an memorable experience!!!!

Room tip: Pick room on the top floor--no overhead noise! Suite w/sofa sleeper--HUGE WALK-IN SHOWER!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Charuldalal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waterloo Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear redfaine701,

Wow!!! I could not say it better for my fantastic staff that we have on board, we are surely looking forward to your next visit.