All reviews front desk great hotel excellent stay would stay here again clean rooms breakfast area off the highway hotel staff shopping and restaurants water park in town fitness center oatmeal convenient location business trip free breakfast lost island
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Absolutely no issues. Good check in, greeted as a Hilton honors member. Clean and quiet room. Above average breakfast with good service. Staff helpful and pleasant. Check out with no issues and very good value.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Wendy C, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterloo Cedar Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. We are very pleased to see that we met your expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we do hope to see you again when your travel brings you to Waterloo, IA.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very clean, nice room with large tv, fridge, microwave. Large bathroom. I thought it was a little odd they chose to put coffee pot in bathroom tho and one light didn’t have a bulb. Front desk staff was friendly and apologetic for wait times in the evening. On both Fri and Sat night, it seemed the desk got swamped with check-ins and guest needs from 8-10pm. I think they could’ve used two people. Breakfast was small but ok. I was disappointed in food quality of hot items (eggs and breakfast potatoes - biscuits/gravy were ok). Everything seemed bland and watered down even after trying to spice it up with salt/pepper.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Wendy C, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterloo Cedar Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. We value your comments and will certainly look into the breakfast items. We do hope that when your travel brings you to Waterloo that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

If you are coming to Waterloo Iowa, this is where you should stay.. the rooms are excellent!! And of course the breakfast was good and on time!!!!! Thank you so much jonika and for helping me out with my children today!!! I look forward to staying at the Hampton inn again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Malcolm S

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay with us. We truly appreciate you sharing your comments with us and I will be sure to let Jonika know how helpful she was. Please come see us again when your travel brings you to Waterloo.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Though my stay was only for one night, I would definitely stay here again. Room 231 was at the end of the hall - nice and quiet. It was a king-bedded room with a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. There were plenty of electrical outlets with which to charge items. The bedding was plush and comfortable. One downfall for me was the fact that there wasn't a bathtub - only a shower- but for one night it was alright. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic! There was so much to choose from: eggs, waffles, cereal, pastries, fruit, juice, yogurt, tea, coffee, etc. Delicious! Emilia at the front desk was very helpful!

Room Tip: I had room 231 which was at the end of the hall...nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey and for letting us know how your stay was. We are very pleased to hear that we met your expectations. We do hope to see you again when your travel brings you to Waterloo!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

This hotel is very clean. Conveniently located to local shopping. Easy to get to from the highway. My husband is a pretty picky person and he actually said he would stay there again. Staff is very friendly. My only complaint is that the attendant at the breakfast talks too much about himself and is loud. Other than that a really nice place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mariafI5444RG
Wendy C, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterloo Cedar Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. I am pleased to hear that we met your expectations and look forward to you staying with us again. I will address the staff member in breakfast and thank you for bringing that to my attention.