See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I called to cancel my reservation for the 16th of June. Literally was told that he could not look that far in advance. I work in this industry and know that not to be true..... the guy named Howard was almost rude! The lady Jessie whom I dealt with last week was really really really friendly. Can not wait to speak to the manager.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Brocklavern
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Brocklavern, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our reservation policy and the inconveniences you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Motel 6 has been very good to us on our travels around the country, but no longer. I cannot review the actual motel, since we didn't even check in. I'm reviewing their pet policy. We are accustomed to paying a pet deposit for our two dogs wherever we stay. This is expected, and we're happy to pay as we're grateful for a place that accepts our pets. However, this motel wanted $50 for each of our dogs....$100 extra for a $59 room. Unacceptable. Try the Econolodge- only $10 per pet.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Littledog63
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the pet deposit issues you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We would like to make sure you spoke with our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to have a record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Basically OK, you expect fewer amenities from a Motel 6, however this had a few more significant problems. The bedspread on one of the beds was dirty (Not a problem for me, I slept in the other, but could be for parties of more people). The bath was dirty so I had to have a shower, instead of a bath. The shower head was a "prison shower" and not detachable. There was no shampoo or body wash supplied so I couldn't wash my hair. No tea and coffee-making facilities, nor a Corby trouser press, but there was a flat-screen television complete with cable television.

Desk staff were very pleasant. No breakfast included and no elevator, but there was complimentary coffee.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The motel was clean and comfortable. The front desk lady Jackie bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant. The owner was very friendly and any concern was immediately dealt with courtiously!! We felt very safe here and it made a great home away from home during a tough time!! The location is convenient to all the necessities and I highly recommend a stay here!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank MRYJMY
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I called ahead with some questions, and I got a helpful person. When I arrived, the price I paid was the price I was quoted. Thank alone requires a 5 star rating!

I'll admit the outside could use some work, but the inside is very nice. There is no breakfast, but I can live with that. There is a great waffle house roughly 20 min from here and a great Chinese place practically next door.

If I return to this city again, then I will definitely reserve a room here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends