All reviews table games ceiling fan nice room walk in shower large shower smoke smell lost island no big deal very nice hotel enjoyed my stay late check bed was comfortable slots otis comps waterpark refrigerator
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I stayed at the Isle for 1 night with a group of friends after we spent the day at Lost Island. We booked 2 rooms and both were clean and tidy. We did get a deal on Hotels.com but even then the rooms are a bit pricey. Even though they were on the same floor, the rooms had different furniture and fixtures but that's no big deal. Rooms were quiet, we didn't hear our neighbors until the next morning. We also ate at Otis and Henry's Steakhouse for dinner. Food was good, and so was service. We spent some time at the casino. It seems like their ventilation system does its best getting rid of the smoke smell but it's still definitely there. Slots were fun, we actually won a little bit. Bartenders were great, very attentive and professional. We also went to the breakfast buffet the next morning which was reasonable priced. All in all, it was a good place to spend the weekend and I would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IsleWaterloo, Public Relations Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Rooms seemed to be immaculate and smelled good. TV seemed small, but didnt come here for that. Bed was comfortable, and I actually slept in a bit. Casino was great, but I did real well, different story, had I lost.

Good restaurant upstairs with generous portions. Overall good weekend get away...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IsleWaterloo, Public Relations Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

We are so happy to hear that and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Tried it again after 6 months thought I’d give it another chance.check in long and customer service very bad at front desk. Room looked ok till I went in the bathroom —bad! Just bad. A dirty washcloth in the shower —hair on the counter —toilet needed cleaned.
Mentioned it to a lady at the front desk and she said she’d tell the manager but never heard from them. One night and I was out of there not going back.
I’ll give it a two because the casino is pretty nice. But stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IsleWaterloo, Public Relations Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hi Steve. We always demand cleanliness, as well as attentive service, and clearly your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We would like to discuss your experience in more detail to learn how we can make your next visit a much better one. Please give us a call at 319-833-2167 or email us at IsleWaterloo@islecorp.com when you have time to discuss it. Thanks!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Our room was large, had two chairs to sit upon, and had a nice view of the waterpark. The bathroom had nice amenities, was large and the shower area was large. There was a refrigerator in the room too.
The hotel desk check-in staff had two guys that were both very nice and friendly. They made us feel like VIP's when we checked in about 4pm on Sunday afternoon. We had a small discount price coupon on the room but the price was still fair. On Monday morning, we phoned and requested an hour later check-out and Greg at the front hotel desk was very cordial and nice about allowing this. Later when paying the bill, I thanked Greg about late check-out and he was very nice and thanked us for staying at this hotel.

Room tip: ask for the water park view. The park is a long ways away so no noise.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 805kevinOlder
IsleWaterloo, Public Relations Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you Kevin! We will definitely pass this along to the hotel team. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I was a bit skeptical because of the reviews I read before staying here but I was pleasantly surprised.

I will say that my biggest complaint would be that as soon as you walk into the lobby you are accosted by the smell of cigarettes. I wish the hotel had a separate lobby that was away from the casino to avoid this.

The room was updated, clean and very spacious. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious as well. The only critiques I have are small, the water flow in the shower left a lot to be desired. I felt like it took me twice as long to rinse off. The bedside lamps are mounted fairly high on the wall and hard to reach while in bed (unless you have to go gadget arms) they can be turned off by the wall switch too if you want to get out of bed. Thankfully, the room didn’t smell like smoke at all and I didn’t hear my neighbors or anyone walking down the hall.

I was there for a work conference and the staff was attentive throughout the two days I was there. The food was excellent as well.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IsleWaterloo, Public Relations Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback! We are glad to hear your stay was a pleasant one and hope to see you again. We are currently in the process of an extensive air quality improvement project that will be complete by the end of the year.