“New hotel and nice staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Urbandale
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Urbandale
Dulles, Virginia
“New hotel and nice staff”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This hotel has two main good points: it is new and the staff is very friendly. The room was what I expected from that category of hotel, even probably a little bit bigger. And very clean. You could also enjoy the (small) pool.
But you should bring earplugs since you will have a highway just behind your window and the bed was too soft: that's why I only give them a "poor" for sleep quality". May be you can find quieter rooms on the other side of the building.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We've stayed in many hotels and this one was a really great surprise. We opted for this one based in reviews ad location, which were right on. The Military rate made it an even better value.

We stayed with 2 kids, and we were grateful the crib was set up and ready for us, since we arrived at midnight. Staff was tremendous. She even volunteered a better room away from the elevator upon arrival, and set up the new crib while we got our stuff from the car.

The room and hotel in general was clean and safe, which both seem to be rare with budget hotels these days. Location was great for our road trip. Beds and pillows were comfy. Shower was clean and water pressure was good.

Breakfast was also really great. Most continental breakfast are cold, tasteless, and unattended. This one actually had eggs, bacon, make-your-own pancakes, white AND wheat toast, a toaster that worked, plenty of good coffee. Milk,yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cinnamon rolls and cereal. Everything our kids wanted/needed, and everything well stocked.

I will stay here again the next road trip. Great experience.

• Stayed November 2011
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I travel into Des Moines quite a bit. It is always a long trip to get here. I was really surprised to find this gem hidden right off the highway. I was really tired and not in the best of modds but the guy at the front desk was super nice and put a smile on my face. I couldnt believe how beautiful and clean this hotel was, I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express that was this impressive. I went to my room after my very fast and modern check in. I mean everything is digital here, which being a very green person I loved not wasting paper to sign in.
When I got to my room. I was blown away by how beautiful and clena it was. The larger than normal flat screen tvs were a nice touch.
I forgot my shaving cream at home, but the nice girl at the desk in the evening gave me a complimentary can and asked if there was anything else she could get for me..... I took some deoderant too, even though I had some.... free is free right.

I wokr up early the next morning to use thier gym, and i was so excited to see that I had my own personal tv on the treadmill. After a quick showerI came down for breakfast and found the same breakfast i have come to expect at the holiday inn expresses, but the littl guy that watched over it made my morning, He was smiling the whole time and even asked what my plans were for the day.

The girl at the desk in the morning was delightful. I normally dont stop at the desk on my way out, but i wanted to compliment the manager on the hotel. He was a very nice young man and asked if there was anything at all I thought they could do better. I told him keep doing what your doing and you guys will go far.

I will definately be coming back, if not for the room, then for the super nice staff. Overall this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Wendell H
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and conveniently located off the expressway. The check in staff was pleasant and the process was very modern; ie you sign a credit card reader vs a "piece' of paper approving of the hotel rate. The breakfast area was like dining in a 5 star hotel...has a really cool long bench/bar with stool to spread out to work...unless you don't want to be directly across from travelers. The decor is classy modern and not too far out contemporary. The only complaints.) Internet sign in did not work too well and 2) the employee who checked me in announced my room number out loud. Duh! There was another guest standing right behind me and I felt vulnerable and awkward but did not want to embarass the employee. I nicely mentioned this to another employee at the desk later and he assured me it was a mistake and apologized. Lastly, the hotel did not offer me/recognize me as a platinum member as most HIE properties have done in the past. Overall...would probbly stay again as I love the location.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Hudson
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This is a beautiful hotel. Right off the interstate. The beds were extremely comfortable and the staff very friendly. The manager was walking around during breakfast greeting guests. I don't remember that happening in a very long time. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbandale
0.5 km away
Hotel Renovo
#2 of 11 in Urbandale
0.5 km away
TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Urbandale? Share your experiences!