“Don't be fooled by 4 stars”

Rudy Navarrete's Mexican Food
Ranked #88 of 237 Restaurants in Sioux City
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

First of all, I do not like to give negative reviews but this time I must. It wasn't one thing but the whole experience that gave a low review. Seeing the review, we were all excited to go to this restaurant. First of all, we weren't seated by waitress but just pointed towards a table. The waitress that came to our table had no personality and throughout the meal just got worse. We did enjoy the chips and salsa and waited forever for meal. People that were seated after us received there meal before us. Waitress came by and took our empty basket of chips and never asked if we wanted more nor refilled our drinks. We has to flag down another waitress to get refills and chips. When our order came, my fiancee had ordered nachos with cheese,beef , black olives, and jalapenos and received chips and cheese. When confronted to tell the waitress on wrong order, she took plate back to kitchen and just tossed on some taco meat and a cup of jalapenos and considered that good enough. NOT. So had them make another plate and never thru course of the meal asked if everything was okay. After a unpleasant and simply a "Yuck" meal, the only thing asked was if we wanted a take home box. Again a NOT! We didn't want the reminder of eating at this restaurant. When we left, the cashier never talked nor asked if everything was good nor how the meal was just took our money. Overall a rude and impolite experience with terrible service and food. We felt unwelcome from entering this restaurant to leaving this place. We will never be back and would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Food and reasonably priced. Don't dress up cuz you have to wash the clothes you wore because you leave strongly smelling like the restaurant.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I use to eat here all the time, close to work and home. Lunch break was always so easy and good tasting food. Well I went and that night became very ill. I was sick for over 3 days in the most painful, horrible illness. After a that I went to a work training. I was sitting at a round table with a group of ladies from area agencies. I was talking to a couple of co-workers about my experience and the horrible pain. When another gal at the table who I did not know spoke up. She asked when I told her and she went on to share she had the same thing happen to her the same day. We both became violently ill. We agreed we should call the health department and report it. After that I have no urge to eat here again, due to the urge I had after eating there.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Decent menu items, good food, prompt service. Only one order of chips/salsa is complimentary- but they were good

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Locally owned and you will usually see the owner serving and greeting you. The menu offers a good selection of items and the food is authentic with recipes coming from long time family traditions. Free chips and salsa. Located on the west edge of Sioux City it is one of a few restaurants in the mainly residential area. Great food, quick service and good value add up to a fun time.