“Fresh and delicious!”

Ranked #6 of 228 Restaurants in Sioux City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Always friendly staff and fresh made-to-order food everytime! The spring rolls are a must-have! Don’t let the outside of the building stop you from coming in!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My family has lunch/ dinner at Diamond Thai often, construction in area has been long and makes getting to restaurant a little difficult but WELL WORTH IT! Food is authentic, flavorful with fresh vegetables and spices to meet your taste. No frills, Family operated restaurant gives you that homemade feeling and taste. My favorite meal Is the spicy basil rice, and yum Tom soup, with hot tea to drink. Large portions of food at very reasonable price.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Authentic meal! My boss took me out for lunch and I was skeptical but I am glad she took me. Their rice is delicious and their spring rolls are awesome!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

A mix of construction in front of the building, bits of Halloween and Christmas decor, and a few trinkets strewn about a few tables, left us out of our comfort zone for sure, but ultimately this was part of the charm.

We were greeted by a young girl (probably about 6) who came out of a side room and yelled to her (presumably) father in the kitchen in the back. [she later joyfully seated an unsure family of 4 when he was making food]

We sat and looked over the menu and the waiter/cook/owner(?) was so nice! We ordered spring rolls (2 sets accidentally, but so delicious we had no regrets)
They accommodated me as a vegetarian. The portions are huge! We each have a full meal of leftovers. Spiciness level was perfect for my husband and I. It was a little warm in the restaurant so we ordered ‘very spicy’ [a level under Thai spicy]. It was so good and the owner even brought out a tray of chilies/sauce in case we wanted it hotter.

We each had the best Asian dish of our lives.

Meal was only $35 despite ordering tea and 2 orders of spring rolls. $50 after tip because it was worth it.
A hole-in-the-wall restaurant we hope to return to very soon!!!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

The new owner is family to the original owner & the food tastes exactly the same, which is to say AMAZING!!! If you're not a spice fan, don't worry, you can ask for mild & you'll get something even the most delicate palate can stand, or ask for more spice all the way up to Thai spicy. If you've never tried a Thai iced coffee or a Thai tea, this is the place to do it (& they really calm the burn if you went for super spicy), & don't forget to try the deserts, too! The prices have gone up a bit, but they're still quite reasonable & the portions are well worth the price.
I don't know if it's the change in owners or the roadwork out front right now & they weren't prepared to have customers, but where we really noticed a change was the service. It was much slower than in the past & no one really stopped back to see how everything was. Also, when we were ready to go no one came to ring us up even after we tried calling into the back that we were ready to pay. We waited 10 min. to pay. I'm hoping it was just an off day because if this is the normal service under the new owner then they're going to loose a lot of business despite how great the food is.