“casual, good food”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Recently met out of town cousin for our eve meal. I had the grilled chicken, good portions, not dry. She ordered steak very well done, it came and was still pink, waiter brought it back to kitchen to redo, was then better, still some pink and she said it can't be cooked too much for her! The veggies with it were small portions but good! We had lots of catching up to do and they were not extremely busy, and the waiter kept coming back to see if we'd paid. over all very nice place to eat and good foods!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Always friendly, quick and efficient service and a good casual place for talking with friends. I like all the items under the Greek cuisine, the steak selections, and the specials are usually good too. I've been there many times and all were pleasant.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

My fiancé and I have eaten in many top restaurants in and around the Des Moines area. The food has been from fantastic to not so good. Even though we love to try new places, we always come back to Kaldera. We find ourselves asking, "Why did we drive 45 minutes and pay $100 or more for that when we could have drove two miles for the best food in town?" They recently have added mussels and clams...the best we have ever eaten, and we have eaten them all over. So wether you are from Pella or from out of town, stop in and eat some of the best food Pella has to offer.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Used Trip Advisor to find a place in Pella to eat. Very Happy. Had steamed Brussels sprouts and Chicken Caesar salad. Chicken was moist, tender and flavorful. Salad was fresh - romaine clearly had not been laying around all day. The Pita bread that came with the salad was made on site to order and was absolutely delicious with a slight crispness. Delicious! Would not hesitate to try anything else they offer.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went for dinner, and weren't greatly impressed. First, the good news, service was very good
As to the food, we both ordered pasta dishes. My mediterrean spaghetti with tomato and basil was bland, and the smallest portion of spaghetti I can remember. And the meatballs had apparently been frozen at some point. My wifes platter was only slightly better. Nice atmosphere.

Been to Kaldera Restaurant? Share your experiences!