“Great experience for a hotel in this range”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Our car broke down dramatically last week on the interstate and we soon found ourselves at the AmericInn in Newton, IA without a car. Staying at that hotel turned out to be the only good thing about that day. The staff was friendly and quickly found a room for us. The room was spotless and much bigger than I expected. The bathroom also looked brand-new. We took the kids to the pool and finally had a chance to relax. (The pool was well-stocked with towels, which is one of those things that drives me crazy in hotels that neglect their pools.) The hotel offered a breakfast of eggs, sausages, waffles, etc. The area doubles as a low-key bar at night. Also, the room had a microwave and fridge, which we needed, as we have a kid with food allergies. We've never been to an AmericaInn before. Now we'll look for them when planning travel.

Room Tip: If you have a family, ask for the family suite.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Teresa M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

I am so glad we were able to accomodate you during a time a need. Its never easy to have car troubles while traveling. Its always a pleasure to help ease those travels burderns for our guests. It great to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and that we had several amenities that made your stay memorable. We hope if you are ever in the Newton area again that we can be of service to you.

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton

Reviewed 22 July 2016

We were hesitant at first for we had never stayed at one before but this location was amazing and was one of the best experiences and stays I have had in a long time and will definitely stay there again if I getters the area and I will also stay at other Americinns when they are available. Great staff price was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

I am so glad you had a great first Americinn experience with our hotel. Our staff takes great ownership and pride in what they do. Happy guests and reviews like yours is our reward for the hard work we put in here. We look forward to any future visits you may have with us. Until then safe travels!!!

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

The people here are ok but I think they know if you are traveling with a dog there aren't many options. We are traveling across the country and this was the most expensive yet worst room we had on our entire journey. We had to leave the window open it was so musty but people were talking and smoking outside past midnight so the mildew smell was replaced by a that is cigarette smoke.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Teresa M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Americinn. I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. Please note that my staff and I will take action to correct the damp musty smell with the room that you stayed in. We do have dehumidifiers on property to help alleviate those conditions during our hot summer months. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We appreciate your review and will take action to fix the issue you brought forth. Safe travels to you in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

For a 3 star hotel this deserves 4. Clean, which is more important to me. First room smelled like smoke, which wasn't their fault but they upgraded us for free to another room. Free hot breakfast was decent, pool was nice. They have a small bar in the lobby where you can order beers, wine, and pizza. I would recommend this hotel for families or singles.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Teresa M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at our Americinn... I so apologise that you had a smoke oder in your first room but I am happy that my staff was able to retify the issue right away for you. I am thrilled that you found the rest of your stay a great experience and that you would recommend our hotel to others. We certainly hope that if you are ever in the Newton area again that we can take care of your lodging needs.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We love AmericInn! The Newton, Iowa location is very nice. Rooms and common areas are clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly, breakfast was good, pool and spa are great. We will stay here again, and always look for AmericInns in our travels.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Teresa M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

I am thrilled to hear that you found our Americinn a great experience. Our staff takes prideful ownership in providing exceptional customer service and cleanliness standards. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Safe travels!!!

Teresa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
0.3 km away
22.9 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grinnell
21.1 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colfax/Newton

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton? Share your experiences!