US$125
US$112
US$76
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$98
Hotels.com
US$90
US$84
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$101
US$122
US$114
All reviewsfrank lloyd wrightstockman houseprairie stylethe grillprairie schoolhotel tournooks and cranniesmodern amenitieswalking tourstep back in timepark viewone of a kindplayer pianooriginal designwonderful experiencetown squarethe lower level
Reviewed 1 February 2018

A wonderful respite for my partner and I. We loved the hotel so much we didn't leave! We were greeted by a polite clerk and received prompt service. Our room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the atmosphere of the lounge and had a good meal at the restaurant. Highly recommend. We had a room with shower. It was great but if I did it again I might get the room with the bath. Mason City is a pretty town and there are self-guided and guided tours of the homes. It was a cold day and we were in a hurry so we took a drive past the prairie style houses near the river,

Room Tip: Get a park view room!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I took a group of 8 ladies on a mystery trip to Mason City. We had a very memorable time and this hotel was a big part of it! We took the official tour of the history of this place, and our guide, Mick, was first class. (Note: the tours have to be lined up with Wright on the Park, the non-profit organization, but the hotel can let you know how to get a hold of them) That was just the beginning! I surprised the ladies that we also were going to be staying there. To prepare ahead of time, I brought up some items that I wanted placed at bedtime in the rooms, and they were able to find someone to do this for me. Thank you, whoever you were! They ladies were so surprised and delighted to find their nighttime gifts in their rooms on their beds. Everyone at the hotel was so friendly and accommodating and willing to be in on my "secret." I think they had fun with it as well! The rooms were clean and comfortable, keeping in mind that that this is an historic hotel, and much of the originality has been left in place. Not a bad thing at all, but maybe the rooms were a little long, in that the original 10x10 rooms are now 10x20, things like that. It was fun for us to all be able to gather in the Ladies Salon, a wonderful and cozy place we all played games and had snacks before bed. Breakfast in the 1910 Grille' was superb! Our waitress, Kim, was top notch, and very friendly and helpful.
Unfortunately fortunately, due to the terrible weather on the second and last day of our trip, 5 of us decided to stay again! They were very accommodating getting us rooms again and making sure we were well taken care of on this "unfortunate" turn of events.
We had at least as much fun the second night as we did the first! We were able to do a couple of things we didn't get to do the night before, including spending time in the bar area for wine and hors d'oeuves, which were delicious, and our bartender was so good to us, and made himself available for a photo op that we wanted. The only thing we didn't do, is have supper at the 1910 Grille'. It gets rave reviews, so I guess that gives us a chance to go back again! Thank you again, everyone at the Historic Park Inn. You are the BEST!!

Room Tip: If you want the scenery, ask for a park view room
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Historic Park Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Tracey, WOW! How wonderful to hear that your mystery tour turned out so fantastic! We will be sure to pass along your praises to the staff as well, they do do a wonderful job! You ladies will have to make another night out and treat yourselves to dinner at 1910. We look forward to hosting your groop again soon and appreciate the review.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

The hotel is great!! The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The beds are comfortable, the towels are thick and comfy. The hotel has all kinds of unique rooms for public use as designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The restaurant is beautiful with delicious food, the drinks in the lounge are good and there are signature cocktails from 1910. We took the tour of the hotel and learned all about the history and the architecture. If one is in the Mason City area, I would recommend a stay at this hotel. It is a very unique quiet hotel with lots to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view room. You will look out on the town square. Beautiful view with the snow and the Christmas lights.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Historic Park Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Connie, we thank you for taking a couple of minutes out of your day to leave us such a great review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed not only the hotel but the restaurant as well. We agree, the tour is definitely a must while on-site. We look forward to hosting you for another restful experience again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

A job interview took my wife and me to Mason City, IA for a weekend. We were put up in this beautiful masterpiece little gem for the night. Having been designed by Frank Lloyd Wright we knew it would be a unique experience. The rooms are very small but the architecture, friendly staff, cleanliness, and overall experience more than made up for it. This is still my all time favorite hotel I have ever stayed in. There is a quaint little bar downstairs and the restaurant is wonderful as well. We loved it so much we returned on our own dime a few days later on our way back through from Minneapolis. If you are looking for a unique place to spend a weekend this hotel and Mason City, IA had more than we ever could have imagined.

Room Tip: rooms on front corner pillars of the building are larger and your view overlooks the quaint park across the street.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2017

We really enjoy visiting Frank Lloyd Wright historic sites and this was no exception. The hotel and rooms are everything you would expect. It’s even more amazing considering that renovations weren’t really started until 2005. Very comfortable rooms and we were pleasantly surprised by the heated floors in the bathroom.

The 1910 Grille is the hotel restaurant. I read the menu before we arrived and while I was interested in a few items I just planned on it being a “ good “ dinner. However, they knocked my socks off. Since I’ve lived in Iowa I only ordered Chicken Marsala one time and it didn’t come close to Chicken Marsala that I remember from back home. I saw it on the 1910 Grille menu and it was too tempting. So glad I ordered it because it was amazing. It came with a butternut squash purée which was a great pairing. As I was finishing, I told my husband that I kinda wanted to lick my plate.

I was full but they had cannolis on the menu and I can never pass those by. They were a lemon marscapone cannoli so they had a wonderful tartness that was a great balance to that smooth, rich filling. And that cannoli shell was so crisp. There were two on the plate and half way through the first one I said to myself “you need to be in control....only eat one”. But I couldn’t resist. I ate them both and was still scraping my plate with the spoon when they bought the check.

What a great place! Can’t wait to come back.

Stayed: November 2017
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Historic Park Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

kmoomaw, WOW! How great to hear what a wonderful time you had at the Historic Park Inn & the 1910 Grille. It really is not only a treat to stay there but dine as well. We appreciate your kind comments and will be sure to pass along the praise to the chef for a job well done on the Cannoli's. We look forward to hosting you for a right away again soon, or another wonderful dinner.