See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on one of our road trips and was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and check-in was a breeze. The area was quiet. WiFi was good in the room. Close to fast food. Would stay ahain

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Nice, updated room with all amenities. Staff was friendly. Will consider staying again on our way through. The only thing lacking was fresh grass, instead there was a small carpeted area for pets. Our dog is not used to doing her business on artificial turf.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

Great service, Shawn at the front desk was very progressive. Make sure to not judge a book for its cover... The rooms are being renovated and the smoke free king rooms are in great condition for a older building! Great Daily and Weekly rates, worth the money!!! Located next to Applebee's, Perkins, and Gas station.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tyler W
Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Check in was fast and friendly. The room was basic but ok. No tub stopper and the air conditioning was a little weak. The bed was decent but older.
Easy to find.
Cheap and basic.
Parking was plentiful and the hotel was well located in Marshalltown.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2015

First off I have come to this hotel for years and never had a problem till this visit. And after my overall experience I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst nightmare. The room door didn't shut and didn't lock, toilet was broke, Shower head was broke, counter in bathroom was broke, bathroom door was broke really bad, dressers were broke and to top it all off we were eaten alive by bed bugs so I threw a fit and wanted my money back and what did they do they moved me to another room which had no phone and the door didn't shut or lock either and we continued to be ate up by bed bugs. Overall I won’t stop till this place is shut down!! The level of disrespect I was shown by the so called manager was upsetting he told me I brought the bed bugs in and that I broke all the stuff which is a joke. I made sure to take pictures as well as turning them in to the health inspector. Because I don’t expect to drive 2hrs pay $138.34 and be ate up by bed bugs from a dirty old outdated stinky hotel.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Adam,
We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We take bed bug reports very seriously. We sincerely apologize for your experience and for the unsatisfactory response you received to your complaint. Please know that we are on high alert regarding this issue and are mindful to monitor our rooms in order to address, treat and terminate any issues if we discover them. We have policies and training that should have prevented the experience you describe, but unfortunately bed bugs are a world-wide problem and present a unique challenge due to their highly transient nature, traveling easily in luggage and clothing. This is why we continually train our housekeeping staff to proactively monitor all guest rooms for the potential presence of bed bugs, and have standing contracts with professional exterminators to treat affected areas in case any are discovered on our premises. No room gets released until we have an all clear from them. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to further address any specific concerns you might have, and to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.