“Would visit again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Le Claire
“Would visit again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

This HI Express is in a beautiful location along the river and thanks to its location, feels slower-paced and not crowded. As the reviewer before noted, June is a bad time for the river bugs (think Mayflies). If you do pony up the extra cash for the river view rooms, I'd recommend calling ahead to see if it's bug season. For us, the room rate was very reasonable for the time of year and location.

The hotel itself is newer and is in good condition and follows the HI Express "model". Our room was on the third floor (out of three floors) and faced the road and railroad tracks. The train was noticeable going by when we were awake and not too noticeable overnight (no horns, thankfully). The king sized room we had was nice, but lacked a refridgerator that I wish we could have had. Bathroom was in good condition and had the standard (and personal favorite) HI Express showerhead.

Location is easy to access right off of the interstate and is near the Iowa Tourist Office. Across the street is a McDonalds and just down the road is the shop for TV show American Pickers. There are not many restaurants in the immediate area, but a short drive will get you into the cities or downtown Le Claire where there are some restaurants.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

Not happy. I relied on the positive comments more than negative and paid the price. I was disappointed. The customer service skills of the female front desk representatives were miserable. No emotion, no smiles, it was horrible and something I have never experienced before. If it was one person I can deal with it, but it was several of them at different times and it wasn’t just us, I witnessed it with others checking in as well. It was truly unbelievable how uninterested and indifferent they were to guests. They weren’t rude; they just didn’t care and were indifferent.

We had to ask for a second room as the 1st room smelled of smoke. The second room didn’t smell so were happy. The room was okay and mostly clean. Breakfast selection in the morning was nice.

My husband complained to us about the uncleanliness of the hotel men's bathroom and my kids were grossed out by the uncleanliness of the pool bathroom and green mold on the toilet seat handle.

We won’t be back and won’t recommend to others traveling through the area. We haven’t stayed at a Holiday Express is a couple years and I don’t expect I will be staying at another one anytime soon.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ladyisred
Barbara E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear Disappointed,

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to ensure that every guest has a positive experience and I am disappointed that you did not. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay so that we can improve upon our service. I hope that in the future you will choose to stay with us again and allow us an opportunity to provide you with the positive experience we strive to provide each and everyone of our guests.

Barbara Epton
Holiday Inn Express LeClaire
cedar rapids,ia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Le Claire on an overnight trip to the Quad Cities. The best thing that this hotel has going for it is the location on the river.
I had a riverview room on the first floor. I was able to see the river with no problem from the room (the cars in the lot didn't obscure my view). The room that I had was rather large, it had a sitting area the was somewhat seperate from the bed area. There was a door to a small patio that you could sit and watch the river. The room also did have a microwave/refrigerator, flat screen TV, wireless internet and decent sized desk area. Everything was clean, quiet and comfortable.
The hotel has a nice indoor swimming pool and hot tub area off of the lobby. Also in the lobby there is a large aquarium that has Mississippi River species of fish. The hotel had a nice continental breakfast with a few hot items.
I never really noticed the train noise the time I was here. To me it was nothing more than a low rumble, almost unnoticeable.
The only complaint that I had about the property was that it seemed to be overran with insects (this is not the hotels fault, but mostly due to the riparian environment that the hotel sits in and the time of year). While they were not a problem in the room or any other interior spaces, the bugs congregated around the windows, doors and light fixtures on the outside of the building. They did make it very difficult to sit outside as well.
Other than the issue with insects, it was a very enjoyable stay. I would stay at this property again, and recommend it to others staying in the Quad Cities.

Room Tip: Be sure to have your Priority Club card.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Mundelein,IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

Nice hotel located close to everything in the quad city area. The town of LeClaire is worth a trip. Nice shops and good food. As far as this hotel, I would stay again, comfortable beds, clean rooms and beautiful views of the Mississippi river!

Room Tip: River balcony views are worth it.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
NW Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

First, the hotel is very nice with a large atrium and is very clean, from the entrance to the breakfast room, pool area, and the rooms themselves. Very close to the center of Le Claire which is a quaint old river town. The breakfast was adequate but only offered the featured fresh cinnamon rolls only once during our week stay. If you can get a eastside room with a riverview, the scenery will be spectacular--certainly not bad for Iowa. If not, you will have to deal with the trains. Contrary to other reviews, we didn't sign a waiver or have earplulgs in the rooms. And the trains do not generally blow the horn, they are not supposed to--thank goodness. But the proximity of the hotel to the tracks will make the room rumble in the middle of night. The trains vary in frequency but you can expect up to 4 trains between midnight and 7 am. It does not make for a pleasant stay and unfortunately takes away from what otherwise is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
15.8 km away
Radisson on John Deere Commons
17.3 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport? Share your experiences!