4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$242
Hotels.comUS$242
FindHotelUS$242
TravelocityUS$242
PricelineUS$255
Agoda.comUS$242
All reviews within walking distance grocery store living room beach front resort unit island timeshare blender
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 weeks. The location is great, walking distance to many restaurants. Parking is very easy. The hotel is beach front so you have great views. There is a bar next door and you do hear the noise at night if you keep the windows open, but it didn't bother us. The apartments are very spacious and when we came, brand new so that was nice. I do see over time that it will show a lot of wear and tear, especially the floors. No matter what you do, they show marks! They have free laundry, but it is on one end of the building, so it could be a long walk. I recommend staying in room number xx18 to xx27 as the view of the ocean is straight on, and not near the pool.

The staff were always very friendly, but I think the rules of the hotel are very rigid. For example, check out is 10am SHARP and it is hard to even get a late checkout. If you want to stay until noon, it costs $100.  Sometimes we felt that they were over zealous calling us. We had to switch rooms (because it is a timeshare so  sometimes the owners come) and although the hotel was at most 30% occupied (there were tons of empty rooms), they called no less than 5 times to make sure we moved to the next room, reminding us that check out is at 10am. Even though we extended our reservation and were still staying at the same hotel, they even suggested that we had to leave the room by 10am and not be able to check in until 4pm. We were waiting for the floors to dry in our new room and they said if we didn't leave our current room we'd have to pay a late fee. But besides their over eager nature, we still enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank laughlovetravelworld
Diamond Resorts, Other at Royal Palm Resort by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciate your constructive feedback. We hope to have you back soon. -GP

Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

Just opened (from the hurricane several years ago). Most of the units are not ready. Much of the resort is not ready yet. The pool bar is closed. They are working on finishing everything. Inside each unit, everything is brand new. We are the first to stay in our unit. There are no elevators.

You basically need a car to get around the island. There is a good amount of parking at the resort. There are a number of nice places to go and see, but they are spread out throughout both countries on the island. Also, rent the smallest car you can fit in. A normal sized American car is a nightmare, both for driving and for parking.

There are plenty of restaurants, bars, clubs and a grocery store, rental cars, all within walking distance (you don't want to drive unless necessary). The bigger, better grocery stores are a drive away.

The main room is large: Entry, kitchen, dining, living room-open concept.

The master bedroom is a little small. The pillows look nice, but are like cotton candy: They have no substance, and are not supportive enough. The sheets are acceptable. The mattress is very nice. The closets are decent size, with some drawer space behind the TV. The master has a sliding door to the balcony, with another door from the living from. The second bedroom is larger.

The two bathrooms are reasonable. They both have very large showers-no bathtubs, and no bidet.

The kitchen has massive cupboard space, lots of counter space, yet the workspace is a small galley kitchen. One counter has eating space for four, next to the dining table. The major appliances are acceptable, and the units have: blender, toaster, coffee maker.

There is no desk, so mi esposa is using the dining table for her workspace. There are electrical outlets bedside, and enough throughout the unit. Each room has a dimmable light and fan.

The TV sizes (Samsung) and furniture are good. All units have a balcony facing the bay, with table and chairs for four. The living room couch has a pull-out mattress.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank atpcliff
Reviewed 13 September 2019

Currently royal palm beach resort has been closed and under construction sine hurricane Irma hit st.maarten in september 2017. Hopefully the resort will reopen june 2020. Cant wait to start spending time with family and friends and hopefully most of the staff will return as well.

Date of stay: October 2018
Diamond R, Manager at Royal Palm Resort by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2019

Thank you for the review, it warms our hearts to hear that our resort has been a second home to you. We're working hard to get the Royal Palm Beach Resort up and running as soon as possible, do check our Facebook pages for progress updates!

Reviewed 8 March 2019

Enjoyed the view and the rooms were great w/ kitchen and sofa beds. The beach and scenic view was breathtaking from the room and at the beach front resort. The stores/ and hair salon attached to the hotel were great. Had a wonderful experience staying at Royal Palm.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2018 via mobile

We are currently stayi f here at the Royal Palms. Yesterday my husband and I asked for two towels for our beach chairs. The attendant said he would be right back. He gave us 2 cushions and said he’d be back with two towels and the coves for the chairs. We gave him a ten dollar tip and He never came back. We saw him standing around talking. I eventually went and got the towels myself.

Today my family and I went to the beach and we arrived at ten am. I asked for four towels. They said come back in ten mins. I came back in 15 mins. No towels. They said come back in 15 mins. I went back. No towels. The man said. Look for yourself we have no towels. I said ok. I walked to the pool to get my towels myself. Currently it is now 11:10 and no one around me has any towels. However, a woman came to me inform me I need to rent my two extra beach chairs foen17$ a piece since I have four in my room. I asked to speak to Chase beach mgr. he never came.

Yesterday at beach I ordered nachos and two pina coladas and four drinks. The two pina coladas were awful and all melted and full of water. The other four drinks never came. The chips did come and were a very small serving. No apologies for having to wait 30 mins either. I told
Them the drinks looked horrible and watery already. No
Comment from the employee who served them.

When I checked into the hote yesterday they said 15 and under free breakfast buffet. Today I went to the buffet they said it’s 8 and under
Typical Mariott courtyard food. Nothing fancy.

Never again.

I wouldn’t stay here asain.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sylgre
Diamond R, Hospitality Management at Royal Palm Resort by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2019

Royal Palm Beach Resort was closed in September 2017 due to damage from Hurricane Irma. The resort is not expected to re-open until 2020. Providing flawless guest experience is our top-priority. We hope you were able to contact the front desk during your stay to address any concerns you may have had. Diamond Resorts appreciates your feedback and hopes to see you again in the future.