8 people are viewing this hotel
US$267
Free cancellation until 25/06/21
US$268
Free cancellation until 25/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$268
US$255
SAVE US$13
Free cancellation until 24/06/21
Hotels.comUS$267
TravelocityUS$267
CheapTicketsUS$267
All reviews within walking distance grocery store living room beach front resort unit island timeshare blender
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2019

Enjoyed the view and the rooms were great w/ kitchen and sofa beds. The beach and scenic view was breathtaking from the room and at the beach front resort. The stores/ and hair salon attached to the hotel were great. Had a wonderful experience staying at Royal Palm.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2018 via mobile

We are currently stayi f here at the Royal Palms. Yesterday my husband and I asked for two towels for our beach chairs. The attendant said he would be right back. He gave us 2 cushions and said he’d be back with two towels and the coves for the chairs. We gave him a ten dollar tip and He never came back. We saw him standing around talking. I eventually went and got the towels myself.

Today my family and I went to the beach and we arrived at ten am. I asked for four towels. They said come back in ten mins. I came back in 15 mins. No towels. They said come back in 15 mins. I went back. No towels. The man said. Look for yourself we have no towels. I said ok. I walked to the pool to get my towels myself. Currently it is now 11:10 and no one around me has any towels. However, a woman came to me inform me I need to rent my two extra beach chairs foen17$ a piece since I have four in my room. I asked to speak to Chase beach mgr. he never came.

Yesterday at beach I ordered nachos and two pina coladas and four drinks. The two pina coladas were awful and all melted and full of water. The other four drinks never came. The chips did come and were a very small serving. No apologies for having to wait 30 mins either. I told
Them the drinks looked horrible and watery already. No
Comment from the employee who served them.

When I checked into the hote yesterday they said 15 and under free breakfast buffet. Today I went to the buffet they said it’s 8 and under
Typical Mariott courtyard food. Nothing fancy.

Never again.

I wouldn’t stay here asain.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sylgre
Diamond R, Hospitality Management at Royal Palm Resort by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2019

Royal Palm Beach Resort was closed in September 2017 due to damage from Hurricane Irma. The resort is not expected to re-open until 2020. Providing flawless guest experience is our top-priority. We hope you were able to contact the front desk during your stay to address any concerns you may have had. Diamond Resorts appreciates your feedback and hopes to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

This is the venue where our party of three have had a pretty relaxing time back in February of 2017 (please disregard the selection in the "When did you travel?" window, as the system would not allow for a backdated entry). The resort has its own beach, a nice pool, where one can each morning benefit from water aerobics, and the only drawback that may possibly come to mind is that there is no restaurant on site. This is hardly detrimental, however, since there are dozens and dozens of fine dining establishments all around the place, and within walking distance. In addition, the hotel features an ample parking lot, which is manned. Our suite was commodious and really well-kept, while the staff were attentive and accommodating. We were actually offered a generous voucher to a really cool restaurant only because our room wasn't completely ready on the hour that it was originally promised - a truly kind gesture. Needless to say, the resort is situated on a prime piece of property in the midst of all goings-on on the Dutch side of St. Maarten, and if it were not for the disastrous hurricane Irma, it would still be our vacation destination of choice. Hopefully, the resilience and perseverance of the residents of the island will ultimately restore its former allure and charm. From what I hear, they have accomplished quite a lot already, so it is only a matter of time before the former tourist crowds return in droves. Let's keep our fingers crossed...

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 22 January 2018

very nice resort with a large pool and superb bar and restaurant. they have lots to amuse you every day.but Irma destroyed lots of rooms and furnature were taking by lotters.the beach is soso but next to it is another beach near the greenhouse resto.now the problem is that they are closed for 2 to 4 years.to bab. jack the frac

Date of stay: December 2017
4  Thank jackthefrac
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The Good: St. Maarten and Royal Palm was our heaven for over 20 years. The Bad: As services and updates declined we decided to GIVE AWAY our weeks to others who might want them. We were already paying hefty maintenance fees and just could not justify that along with minimal updates. The Ugly: I rented a week in April of 2018 from another owner and because Diamond Resorts has not been forthcoming with those who own there, he is hesitant to reimburse me; although, 7 flights and another condo booked through an agency was all reimbursed. Diamond abuses the owners and gives nothing back. The people there are wonderful, the island is wonderful, but Diamond has no integrity.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Lee C
Diamond R, Manager at Royal Palm Resort by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Diamond Resorts International® assures you we are working diligently to contact all owners, members and guests that have been affected by the hurricane. We apologize of your experience and you are more than welcome to contact us for further assistance. Thank you in providing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you Stay Vacationed™.