US$146
US$112
US$130
US$94
Agoda.com
Redstone Inn & Suites(Dubuque)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Breakfast included
US$134
All reviewsbar and grillfire pitroom was cleandonutsloungecasino
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to our vacation destination. We made the reservation for the price - right around $50. The lobby and location were impressive, the room was clean and comfortable, and the bar, restaurant, and pool were fun and festive. We enjoyed our first night so much that we ended up booking a room fr a night on our way back home. We'll stay here again next time we're in Dubuque.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
ronconrad, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn in Dubuque. I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience at the motel. We appreicate the review and can't wait to see you the next time you are back in Dubuque.

Ron Conrad

Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed here out of desperation - every other room within a 60 mile radius was booked. The room itself was about as expected - old, basic, and poorly maintained. The bed was broken down and the shower didn't work. However, the deal breaker for me was the excessive noise from the wedding party that had a reception here. I was woken up multiple times throughout the night... 12 am, 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, etc by extremely RUDE wedding party guests/members. Loud cars, loud music, loud motorcycles, you name it! The final straw was when a group of five wedding party members decided to stand outside my door and talk so loudly that it woke me up. After their conversation continued for more than 30 minutes, I opened my hotel room door and slammed it in their faces - thinking they would get the point. Nope. Hopelessly rude and low-class people frequent this place. I was planning to stay here a second night - absolutely will NOT - I will be checking out promptly and going elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2011

For a little more than 50 dollars a night we got a clean comfortable safe room. Sitting on a bluff off highway 20, it can be a little difficult to find unless you are looking closely for the signs.However, that is not a negative, I believe it makes it a little safer. Anyway, there were no problems during our 2 night stay; staff were friendly and helpful. One thing I appreciated was the lady who ran the breakfast area, making sure food was stocked and clean. She took care of that area like it was her home kitchen, very reassuring for cleanliness. And if you like a donut for breakfast, they have the best I have seen. One of their donut delights will surely satisy your need for a morning donut. All in all this is the type of place I look for when traveling, clean, safe, good ac, decent breakfast; all at a good price. Motorcycle friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room, if you do not want to carry your luggage very far.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Older motel, but well-maintained. Very helpful manager. Good bed and shower. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed at the Dubuque Days Inn for two nights this past weekend with our son, his wife and two year old daughter after having stayed there overnight once before about a year ago. I have to say this is really a mixed review. On the positive side, the lobby area, Spirit’s Bar, pool and deck, and breakfast area are very nice and well laid out. The breakfast was adequate, good waffles, hard-boiled eggs, toast, cereals (hot and cold), juices and pastries. Lovely area with plenty of seating and staff was quick to replenish and clean tables. The setting of the hotel is beautiful and good location.
The negatives are the rooms, parking lot and stairwells. The hotel is old and the rooms were really tacky and just downright dirty. The mattresses were stained on the edges, one of the box springs was completely ripped open. Chair arms were dirty, sagging ceiling in the bathroom, just shabby and not clean. Also, there was a lot of litter and broken glass on the walkways around the hotel with no dumpsters visible anywhere and limited trash cans. The stairways to the second floor were just plain gross!! I wouldn’t let our granddaughter walk up, we carried her, so filthy. Also, there were sketchy looking people staying there, saw one young man actually jump from the second floor to the parking lot. People were sitting out on the sidewalks in front of their rooms with their doors wide open. I think they rent out some rooms long term.
The bottom line is we probably won’t stay here again because of the rooms even though it does have some great positives. The price was reasonable. We paid $62 on Friday night and $71 on Sat. but would pay more for cleaner, nicer rooms

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family