All reviews mercy hospital wedding reception convention center onsite restaurant pleasant stay bed and pillows free shuttle an older property lobby area room was large coffee maker downtown ihg concert ballroom
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown is a little dated but the rooms are clean and there is plenty of free parking. I had one of the best restful nights in quite a while at this hotel property. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. I also had a wonderful buffet breakfast (Guest have the option of ordering from a menu). The hotel is centrally located close to everything in downtown Des Moines. The hotel is also located across from Mercy Hospital. I will definitely stay at this hotel property the next time I am in the Des Moines area.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Noisy guests, beds sucks (slanted to the middle), bad pillows, guests were smoking in their rooms, dirty, and the management was very unhelpful/unfriendly after reporting loud guests partying in the hallway at 3am. Stay clear of this one! Wow, it was bad.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank msifuentes
GretchenT81, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear msifuentes,

I am so sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your experience at our hotel. What you have described is not the type of stay we strive to provide every guest every day, and it does not meet our expectations. I have shared this information with management in order to ensure that what you have described will not happen in the future. I greatly appreciate your business and your review.

GretchenT
Marketing

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed at this hotel and found management entirely unresponsive to calls for help with a large and unruly group of guests. There was marijuana, swearing and fighting in the halls. After asking the hotel for help three times we finally called the police who got control of the situation and evicted some of the guests

Room tip: Avoid the freeway side on the south
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hi David N,

Thank you for leaving feedback about your recent stay with us. Your thoughts are valued. I feel concerned that the service from our hotel staff fell below your expectations. It is our goal to meet your needs as a guest and I have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail. The hotel management will be alerted so that no other guest will experience this same level of dissatisfaction again.

I am glad that you found the room's upkeep adequate. It was a pleasure to host your stay! We hope to hear back from you.

Kind Regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Ceckin staff were friendly. We stayed in a suite which was massive and had two bathrooms. Room was clean and had a comfy bed.

Breakfast buffet was standard selection and was very tasty and the hot items were actually hot.

Overall the hotel could do with a rethink I the decor. I didn't think the decor was old but just a bit old fashioned. Brown is not a modern color these days. It made the hotel look like something out of the 70's.

However we enjoyed our stay albeit only one night and would use it again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed two night so we could attend the fair. Room average. The front desk nice but the bar service was terrible. We were waiting at a table to get service and the waitress never came by. She saw us and that was about it so we decided to move the bar. Big mistake the bartender was no better. In fact the first thing out of her mouth was you cannot sit there! Wow! She was mean!!! Stay at another hotel. Not great!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hi sbezzole,

Thank you for contacting us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Des Moines DTWN - Mercy Area.

I am sorry to learn about your disappointment in the level of service received from some of our bar staff. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps to address accordingly the issues you have raised.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with us. We appreciate you as an IHG Rewards Club member. If you need anything else just send us an e-mail at ihgservice@ihg.com.

Best Regards,