US$84
US$149
US$132
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$173
US$167
Hyatt.com
US$122
US$104
US$122
US$212
  • Restaurant
Des Lux Hotel(Des Moines)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmercy hospitalstay at holiday innsconvention centeronsite restaurantpleasant staybed and pillowsfree shuttlelobby areaan older propertyroom was largedowntownexpresswayihgconcert
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Ceckin staff were friendly. We stayed in a suite which was massive and had two bathrooms. Room was clean and had a comfy bed.

Breakfast buffet was standard selection and was very tasty and the hot items were actually hot.

Overall the hotel could do with a rethink I the decor. I didn't think the decor was old but just a bit old fashioned. Brown is not a modern color these days. It made the hotel look like something out of the 70's.

However we enjoyed our stay albeit only one night and would use it again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed two night so we could attend the fair. Room average. The front desk nice but the bar service was terrible. We were waiting at a table to get service and the waitress never came by. She saw us and that was about it so we decided to move the bar. Big mistake the bartender was no better. In fact the first thing out of her mouth was you cannot sit there! Wow! She was mean!!! Stay at another hotel. Not great!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hi sbezzole,

Thank you for contacting us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Des Moines DTWN - Mercy Area.

I am sorry to learn about your disappointment in the level of service received from some of our bar staff. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps to address accordingly the issues you have raised.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with us. We appreciate you as an IHG Rewards Club member. If you need anything else just send us an e-mail at ihgservice@ihg.com.

Best Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We were in town for a wedding and the guests of the wedding stayed at this property. Although the reception wasn't at the hotel, they were very accommodating to the large group of people staying at the hotel and provided shuttles to us to our reception venue so we didn't have to drive and worry about parking. It was sure a nice surprise! The public areas of the hotel were very clean and staff was plentiful. They accommodated us to have an early check-in at noon since we needed to change for the wedding (I called ahead). The room itself was pleasant, however as a family of 4, we would have appreciated having queen-sized beds vs. the double beds that were in the room -- the room was large enough for queen beds so that's the only thing I can fault them with.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017

The room was facing the freeway and it was noisy all night long. The A/C worked but it pulsed on and off all night long and it was very loud, so had to get to sleep. We do not think the room was worth $150.00 with no breakfast. Its like a one step up from a Motel 6. Breakfast the next day was good but we had to pay $10.00 for it, we think for $150.00 it should have been included.

Room Tip: Ask for the parking lot rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hello Major50,

Thanks for opting to stay with us and leaving feedback. I am glad that you found our location to be nice based on your ratings and found our breakfast to be good. However, I regret to know that the air conditioning unit in your room fell below expectations.

Making your experience exemplary while providing best customer service has always been our aimed way of creating great hotels that guests love. And I am thankful that our hotel attempted to make things right and address your concerns accordingly. In addition, I am going to share your comments with our hotel owners and management for further improvement.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Best Regards,

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

On a recent solo trip I unexpectedly felt very sick! With 600 miles in my trip left, I knew I needed to stop somewhere. I wanted somewhere that had a good name and a place where I felt safe. This place was it!! As soon as I walked into the lobby I felt safe! Everyone knows that when you are not feeling great, all you want is to be home in bed! I was far away from home but this was a good 2nd! The room was clean, quiet and relaxing and the breakfast in bed was perfect. I loved it so much that I stayed there again on my way back! Great place!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo