All reviews mercy hospital convention center onsite restaurant pleasant stay bed and pillows free shuttle lobby area an older property room was large coffee maker downtown expressway ihg concert
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Stayed here again, staff really polite. Aging hotel but clean and quite. Right near downtown, and parking is free. Priced right. might not impress anyone but great place to stay the night for sleep. My mate got fussy about the room near elevator, I didn't care but had to ask to switch. They changed to another with no attitude. turned out the 2nd room was worse since the climate fan made clanking sounds, but weather was nice to hit the off switch to cure that issue lol.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
GretchenT81, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear chuck29355,

Thank you for your return visit and for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I'm glad your experience with our staff was positive and that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay in Des Moines. I have shared all of your input with management for review. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you as our guest again in the future.

GretchenT
Marketing

Reviewed 8 May 2017

We didn't have a choice on hotels due to volleyball teams choice but we were happy with our stay. The hotel is clean and the rooms are nice. The bathroom is very small. The elevators are a bit slow and I felt bad being on the second floor. I wanted to walk up and down to my room but couldn't find stairs available to the lobby. I assume I upset a lot of patrons as they had to stop on floor 2. This hotel is close to Mercy Hospital so you will hear sirens and traffic from 235. Overall, nice location and good choice for a stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Darin H,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this positive review.

We are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations regarding our room cleanliness and the location of our hotel. We will happily share your nice review to our employees.

We appreciate your taking the time to recommend our hotel to other travelers and we would be delighted to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Quaint and clean! Friendly staff and nonsmoking rooms. The only Hoilday Inn I've found you should not stay in is in Salt Lake City Utah! This Holiday Inn beats Salt Lake Citie's hands down as out there there are thieves who work in the hotel. Here in Des Moinse you can trust the staff!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want. Expect to get what you pay for!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Kimberly S,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your review. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about one of our hotels in Salt Lake City. I'm sorry for the letdown. This is not reflective of the high standards of accommodation we'd like our guests to encounter.

On the other hand, it's good to know that you gave a rating of 5 stars for the well-kept room and the friendly service you received. We aim to always provide true hospitality.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Des Moines. I value you as a guest.

Again, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown - Mercy Area, IA!

Regards,

Anna B

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

A few updates could go a long way here. Room furniture is nice. Updating curtains, wallpaper and bathroom vanity/tile would be great. It was clean and fine.
Nothing unpleasant about my stay.
Dining on site available but not sure if walkable to downtown dining.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear srjuris,

Thanks for going out of your way to write a review for us and also for staying at our property. I'm delighted to read about your appreciation for our rooms' pieces of furniture. It's regretful though that we weren't able to make sure that you stay was extraordinary. While I wish you had a more flawless experience, feedback like this helps us pinpoint the areas that need more attention. We'll certainly take into consideration your suggestions for the updates of our curtains, wallpapers and bathroom fixtures. If you want to try us out again in the future, we hope to provide you with a service that aligns to many 5-star reviews that we receive regularly.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Today I check out. I'm listening to the sound of the traffic as this hotel is so close to the interstate. All night long!

Beautiful view when it is dark and clear of the city lights.

Free parking. Limited but friendly room service at a reasonable price. Tv options very limited. They need to modernize. . Modest furnishings to go with the modest price.

I feel like I'm at a raceway with the zoom of the traffic. The price of convenience of location.
No stores close to shop at (within walking distance).

Lesson learned.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Hello NEVenturer,

I am happy that our location worked for your travel needs and that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. On the other hand, I apologize for any inconvenience the limited television channels and level of noise from the highway. Your comments are important to us as this serves as our tool towards improvement.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to post a review. I hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Best Regards,