See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This is a grand Victorian B & B. The rooms were spacious and elegant. The place is magnificent! The owner greeted us warmly. We were Breakfast was outstanding. Glad to have experience this B & B as we traveled across the country. High recommend!

Room Tip: Great elegant room, great sleep. Couldn't have asked for more.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2015

This place was beautiful, historic, comfortable, and felt like visiting family. The hosts are amazing, and the food was incredible. Went there to do some biking on a rails-to-trails bike trail, and the hosts were very accommodating. They suggested good places to eat and good places to visit. There's a beautiful park across the street with lots of flowers, too. If I ever find myself needing a place to stay in Des Moines, this is the first place I'll look. It really is that good.

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 7 September 2015

We have stayed at Butler House on Grand several times when in Des Moines to attend conferences and each of the rooms we've stayed in have been bright and sunny, very comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts are delicious and beautifully presented, and the hosts, Lauren and Clark, are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. We've always had exceptional service, and many extra niceties are provided. We love staying at Butler House on Grand and can't wait until our next visit. It's like coming home to an old friend.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed one night en route I-80. The inn is a restored mansion, with lovely comfortable rooms. Parlor is beautiful, with moldings on the ceiling. Hosts are very helpful about recommending nearby local restaurants, suggesting only local businesses, not chains. Breakfast was excellent. Might have to go back and enjoy the sights of Des Moines sometime.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

Thank you for your hospitality. The bed was very comfortable. I was able to catch up on my sleep. I work graveyard hours. The breakfast was perfect. It was a nice getaway. Thank you from Rita Bennett and Steve Nordstrom from Westminster Colorado

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends