“Not Fancy, But Good”

Tsing Tsao South
Ranked #218 of 579 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Tsing Tsao South is a favorite of ours. The food is generally very good, the service is quick, the prices are reasonable, the restaurant is clean and tidy ... a winning combination.

There are newer reviews for Tsing Tsao South

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We had just arrived in Des Moines for a couple days visit and my husband thought a little lo mein was all he wanted. After some confusion and driving to strange places we ended up at Txing Tsao on Fleur.

The egg rolls were more like spring rolls, the lo mein was okay, my szechuan pork had a slightly odd taste in the sauce. Not bad just odd. But dinner came with a crab rangoon wonton. I got to eat both of them.

I wouldn't go out of my way to come back, though.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

This restaurant has been around for quite a while. Great Chinese food - typical menu for lunch and dinner. Service is very fast and the egg rolls are great! Love the Mongolian Beef and Sesame Chicken.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Soup, Crab Rangoon, Egg Roll, Rice, and Broccoli Chicken for $6.18!! Delicious! It was fresh food, served hot and quick. They have a great selection of food and also offer carry out. I will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 2 February 2016

This use to be a decent place to grab a quick, cheap lunch... I realize with inflation everyone is watching their P's and Q's... But we had lunch here last week. I had Kung Bao Beef. It tasted nothing like Kung Bao. In fact it didn't taste like anything at all and the veggies that typically come with Kung Bao were completely different and full of bell peppers. Our "Egg Drop" soup was chicken broth. The egg roll was luke warm and chewy. The crab rangoon was surprisingly fresh. It's usually the one that's sat there for some time. Three of us ordered all three different items and all three had the same feeling. Won't be back for a while regardless of the price.